Ben Q 7700 & Denon 1920...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Les E, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ...would this be a good conbination via HDMI?

I will also be throwing a Sky + and a PS2 via Component, so I really need a good PJ/DVD match...I have heard the 1920 has been having various issues with some PJ's.

I will have a budget of £1500-£2000 for a PJ in an 11ft room. I have always been in favour of the Screenplay 5700 but more I read with regards to the PJ, it becomes more apparent that it isn't HD Ready (But I am positive I have seen this demoed with an HDMI connection!! :confused: ).

So I am open to suggestions... :smashin:

2. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    You're right that the Screenplay 5700 is not HD ready. It has a standard widescreen definition DMD, which is 1024x576 and no HDMI.

I can't help you about the 1920, I'm afraid.

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    But as I understand it you can attach an HDMi via an M1-DA convertor (as the norm with the Infocus range!)?

If that's the case won't this input HDMI signals?

4. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    So what? Still won't make it HD ready. The BenQ is HD ready and has HDMI.

5. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    The 5700 will accept an HD signal, but will downscale it to the native resolution of the projector, so you won't be getting the full benefit. It is HD compatible, rather than HD ready. A HDMI connection, is simply a digital connection, think of it as a digital scart lead, so you can send an SD or HD signal over it.

The 5700 is still a well rated bit of kit, although I found it to be rainbow city myself, as with most DLPs.

If you want HD resolution, there are a few options, the Benq 7700 gets good press, although I haven't demoed one myself, then you have the new crop of LCD projectors ( Panny AE900, Sanyo Z4, Hitachi PJX200 & Empson TW600). There may be some other DLP options, but TBH I don't pay much attention due to the RBE.