1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Christophers

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Gambit, May 5, 2003.

1. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was perusing the Exchange, looking for the AFI album when I slipped beyond A and into B and then C and I stumbled upon this little beaut of an album - "£2.99, very underrated piano led singer/songwriter" so, in the basket it went (metaphorically, there are no baskets really). Got it home and it is, much to my suprise, very very good. Karkus, one for you here mate. Kinda Ryan Adams-esqe but not, the opening track has a country vibe but the album is quite varied, the second track is quite Simon and Garfuncle sounding and then on to different things. Very listenable all the way through and well worth £2.99 of anyone's money.

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Which album, theres two. Been compared to Buckley and Garfunkle. Both albums have reciened lots of praise. Well found. Probably get an album. At 2.99, you cant go wrong.

3. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's called Spoonface. Highly recomended, getting into it even more.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gambit kindly sent me a few track samples and I have to agree with his opinion. This guy is the business. I noticed a few nice acoustic guitars in there too though Gambit, so I wonder if he is multi-instrumentally-talented (what the fudge?) :smoke:

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally, some recognition;) :laugh:

I think you may be right mon amie, he might be one of those rare beasts- the good at everything yet not too on their high horses (see not Mat Bellamy). The album doesn't come across as conceted, more as just something he wanted to put out.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the tracks you sent me actually sounds a bit like The Divine Comedy, particularly the opening :smoke:

7. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really should buy some Divine Comedy, seeing as how the book that spawned the name is quite boring but influential. I like the singles they've put out, but they're one of those bands at the back of your mind, you know?

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, same here bud - know exactly what you mean. Always intend to buy some and have even seen some of their stuff going dirty dirty cheap, but never get round to it. It's not all "National Express" stuff either (if it were, I wouldn't bother).

9. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd better have a look around - one more on the list :rolleyes: :D

10. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    He has appeared on several albums, notably No Man (electro style stuff, a bit techno, but with violins and acoustic guitar).

The other album he did was called My Beautiful Demon.

11. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    He has appeared on several albums, notably No Man (electro style stuff, a bit techno, but with violins and acoustic guitar).

The other album he did was called My Beautiful Demon.