• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Belkin wireless

bob1

I bought a wireless usb adapter yesterday and i have had nothing but problems, it installed no problem connected straight away then it dropped out signal went down then up then down , connected ,disconnected, i think you get the picture.
I also have a d-link wireless usb adapter and have never had a problem in three years with that,are belkin that bad?

graystreet

Belkin normally are quite reliable. Are you running Vista on the PC giving you problems? If so there are some problems with Vista and wireless apparently. the main things to try are the latest drivers, broadcasting SSID of the wireless network etc.,

If not Vista then you may have a faulty adaptor assuming you've already downloaded latest drivers etc.,

Personally ( and this is my personal opinion ) I've never got on with USB adaptors, finding either PCI for PCs or PCMCIA for laptops give more reliable performance.

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the world of Belkin wireless adapters :D

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681325

I would also guess you are using Vista? Belkin just appear to be incapable of creating a vista driver which does the job.

This problem is posted all over the internet, so many unhappy customers. I phoned Belkin and asked for help, the representative did not think it was unreasonable for me to just "wait" until a good driver is released.

If I was you, I would return that adapter as not fit for purpose.

bob1

I have took it back and bought a pci card from b&q of all places, works great no dropouts 100% quality and 100% signal.
Running xp by the way.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom