1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belkin Pre-N problems since firmware update

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeFish, Oct 19, 2005.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    After reading about that thread about the computer getting hacked I logged onto my router and clicked the update firmware button. It did so and all seem to be ok. My laptop (IBM Thinkpad T41p) with it's built in wireless card works fine. However, since the update, I can't get my Pre-N pcmcia card to work (in another IBM laptop). It connects but then tells me I have limited connectivity and will not load any websites or ping my router or modem.
    I checked the Belkin website and it has no firmware for the pcmcia card (is that obvious anyway?). I tried loading the drivers but they won't install properly.
    I've tried to get hold of the earlier ffirmware for the router but can't find it anywhere.
    I have a D-Link DSL-300T modem (if it makes any difference) and everything worked fine until the update.
    Help please!

2. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,405
    sounds like an IP problem?

is your router configured for DHCP?
    are both laptops configured for DHCP?

have you tried ipconfig /release ==> ipconfig /renew on the second laptop?

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Make sure oyu router is set to broadcast it's SSID, and check if it's broadcasting on the right mode.. eg B or G...

4. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for suggestions!
    All PCs are set to DHCP. Most of the time it gets a valid IP address and then comes up with a bubble saying limited connectivity. I did notice a couple of time it failed to get one.
    If I click on the wireless card in my system tray it show to have full signal. If I click on 'view available networks' it show the connection but with no reception. If I do the same with the built in wireless card it shows full signal from the wireless network.
    I haven't tried the ipconfig/release thing yet, I'll give it a go later. It's probably worth mentioning that the Belkin card fails to work in either laptop (worked in both before).
    I normally don't broadcast my SSID, but I currently have it turned on to help me connect etc. I didn't think to check mode after the update, but I've checked it now and it ok (B & G).