1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belkin ASDL Modem Wireless Router Woes

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Rasczak, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Hi,

Can anyone help with a problem I'm having? I have been running a Belkin ADSL modem Wireless Router for the last 6 months without any snags. Today however the machine developed a fault - randomly going 'dead' until unplugged from the mains for 30mins and then re-connected.

Obviously it has gone defective so I purchased a new Belkin ADSL Wireless router - effectively the same model. However I am having problems connecting this. I cannot get the 'WAN' light to illuminate on the modem and thus assume it cannot 'see' my phoneline - which is what the software says as well. I know the line is working perfectly because when I plug in my 'old' modem it works fine.

I am running Windows XP with BT Internet.

Many thanks

2. ButtonUPS

ButtonUPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yeah i feel your pain we have gone thru two of these units and gone with a netgear model.

3. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,385
    I'm pretty sure the settings for BT ADSL are PPPoA encapsulation and 0/38 for Vpi/Vci... are these setup correctly on the router? they should come as that by default, but worth checking...

Also, make sure you're using the microfilter that came with the new router, it may well have been this that was causing the initial problem.. :)

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The only problem that I've had with my Belkin Wireless Router in the last year is that it defaults to an Idle Time of 5 minutes but I'm not familiar with your problem. Could you upload your old saved settings to it? :)