• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Belden Component Cable

jtt1888

Established Member
I've posted this in the HD thread but should probably have parked it here.

I too hope to run HD into another room over a distance of 20m. I have acquired 40m of Belden V 9504 cable.
The only comments i can find say it is:-
Widely used for computers, point of sale, control systems, and RS232 applications; This is a general purpose twisted pair cable with overall screen.Outside diameter is only 6.7mm and the AWG is 24 whatever that means.

The cable i have has 4 twisted pairs in a foil sheath with an additional bare wire on the outside of the sheath. For all intents in purposes it looks identical to the Maplins one used by others to run component over long distances. The text on the cable reads Belden V 9504 CMG 4PR OR C(UL)CMG FT4---LL7874 CSA AWM I A 80C 300V FT1 2011

Will this carry component video and audio l+r if i run 2 20m cables to the spre room. Heres hoping

jtt1888

Established Member
Anyone any experience of this cable. It is tiny and im concerned with signal degredation.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom