1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEKO 17" LCD (Argos Special) - SKY+ codes

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by phanco, Apr 24, 2005.

1. phanco

phanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Doe anyone know of any sky+ remote codes for the BEKO 17" Widescreen LCD TV currently on special in ARGOS.

Bought 1 today and seems fine (for a budget TV for the bedroom) - so far so good but none of the BRCK codes I have found (0125, 514, 398, 065) work with the TV.

Are there any other manufcaturers codes I could try - or anyone elso got a BEKO lcd tv working with a sky remote ?

Any help appreciated.

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi phanco,

I saw some other codes listed for other Beko tvs (no 17" listed though). These were (apart from the same numbers you tried):

514, 065, 398, 743, 742.

It's unlikely these will work as it seems the Sky+ remotes haven't quite caught up with most of the recent plasma and lcds. The latest Sky+ remotes are the Rev6 versions and these will have been programmed with more recent televisions. You can check yours by looking inside the battery compartment and it will give you the Rev number. This version might possibly work if you use the blink method shown on the http://www.satcure.co.uk site. It takes a while to find it but it may just work, but probably only if you have the latest remote, and maybe not even then.

Sky were meant to be bringing out a new version by the end of last year, maybe the 6 version is it. It must be so frustrating for plasma and lcd owners to have this problem. I do hope you don't have to wait too long for success.

3. phanco

phanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    hadn't seen them anywhere before.

Not sure I understand the blinkback procedure - do I basically start at code 0000 and work my way through to 9999, using blinkback to find the right number if I find one that works ?

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi phanco,

To go straight to the Sky code and blink back procedure on the satcure site, click on
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm
    On that page look for the turquoise book half way down the page, the "blink back" is just under there. It can be time consuming.

You may be interested to read of others experiences. Go to "Search" at the top right of our forum page, in blue. Click on it and in the box put "markhawk" then bring up his posts. He hasn't done many. There is one where he found the correct Sky+code for his new Pio plasma tv by using the blink back method.

I do hope something works for you. Good luck.

5. phanco

phanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Tried the 743/742 codes but neither of my SKY+ remotes seem to accept them (lights dont blink twice when programming code). Ho Hum.

I re-read the blink instructions but this seems just to tell you what the SKY+ remote is currently set to - sorry if I'm being really dense but how does that help unless I can find a code that works - and if I find a code that works, I wouldnt need to reverse engineer it by using the blink method

Or am I really missing something ?

6. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi phanco,

I suspect that your current remotes have not been programmed with the code to operate your new television.

With the blink method, your Sky remote should react to your individual tv by the number of times it blinks (red light flashes on top end of remote). After all the procedures of 1. 2, 3 and 4. on the satcure site for the blink method, No.5 tells you to press button 2 on the remote and you write down how many times the red light flashes at the top end of the remote. This is the first number of your code. No. 6 and 7 tells you to press a number button, count the flashes, and that gives you the second and third numbers of your code. Then you use that code to set up your remote to control the tv (you wish!) as shown in the Sky+ manual. Make sure the tv has come on when you start the blink procedure and that you are close to the television. I could not programme one remote until I sat about 2 feet from the tv then it worked. If you still don't understand the blink method I could type it out using my own language!

I presume you have contacted Sky+ for different codes. I've checked all the Beko codes on the Interactive screen. It said if none of the other codes are suitable and gave another three numbers 065, 398 and 514 which I think you've tried already. I notice in the model numbers they gave there was no 17" model. It could be a rebadged model of another make. You could perhaps try Sky customer services, they may be able to suggest some other codes.

Like many others on this forum they cannot get Sky to control their new televisions either. Let us know if you ever find the magic code!

7. phanco

phanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Thanks for trying to explain the blink method - still not getting it. As I understand it the blink message will tell me which code the remote is using - which would only be useful after I had found the right code. Am I correct in thinking I have to use the '4 digit' method to try every code listed on the satcure site, and when/if I find one that works I can use the 'blink' method to tell me what actual code is being used ?

I did about half of these last night, but about 50% would not be accepted by the remote - my remote is obviously way out of date !!

I phoned BEKO themselves and they told me that I needed a 'GEN4' or later remote control. There is no GEN number on my remote, but as I was a SKY+ early adopter on one of the first V1 boxes, I certainly will not have GEN4 remotes. First call to SKY and the woman didn't know what I was talking about - called again 5 minutes later and the next was more helpful, but said if I ordered a new remote I could not return it if it didn't work the TV.

So I guess I'll go to ARGOS tomorrow and buy a remote (and take it back within 16 days using their very nice returns policy if it is no use).

more news when I have it ... :)

8. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi phanco,

The blink method gives you the new Sky+ code for your television, not one that's programmed into the remote previously. This is what you want to be able to operate your television. But, your remote may not be capable of accessing this code by this method if the remote hasn't been programmed with your particular model of television.

I have Rev 4 (Gen4) Sky+ remote control. You can check which Rev number you have by looking inside the battery compartment. It's such a job removing that cover! If Argos don't have the latest Rev6 remote (I doubt they will but as you say you can take things back easily if the packaging is perfect) buy one online. I will look up which site had these latest Rev6 remotes and post it here.

If the latest remotes don't work the nice smiley icon on your post will change and you will have torn out a few more handfuls of hair! I give you 100% for effort! Fingers crossed.

9. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Rev 6 Sky+ on this site looks like the Rev 4 model but says it has the latest Rev 6 firmware. It costs £14.59 plus postage (price of that is a bit vague). This is the only site I could find it on.

http://www.letsautomate.com/10772.cfm?

I'd got the bit between my teeth over this Beko code and did a bit of research. Through Googling, I got on to the Digital Spy Forum and found some useful information. Someone was trying to get a Sky+ code for his Bush tv. John Currie said it was a Beko chassis so to try Beko codes. So, maybe the Bush codes are the ones to try for you. asdigi said he has a Bush 1438 tv and it only works properly with a Rev6 remote control. He also said to try all the codes by this procedure:

Point the remote at the tv all the time.
    Press tv button, hold down select and red buttons until led at top of remote flashes twice. Then press tv button, then press standby button (top right) Keep doing this (pressing tv button then standby button) if tv switches off press Select button as it means you have found the correct code. Part of this is shown on page 63 of Sky+ manual. alan hayes on the Digital Spy forum said clicking patiently on tv and standby has rewarded him with the desired result, he found the code 47I for his Bush 14" tv, without having to buy a rev 6 remote. I have done this method myself and you have to be very patient, it seems to go on forever, but I was successful in the end.
    I can't remember knowing the code but pressing Select when it turned off made by remote work well with this tv.

I think I would be inclined to get a Rev 6 remote in the hope it would be more efficient at finding the right code. Can't think of anything else to help. Good Luck!

10. phanco

phanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cynthia7 many thanks for your advice. I bought a new remote in ARGOS today - sticker says it is REV5 - but using the 0125 BEKO 4 digit code it accepted on the 3rd try (i.e. cycled through 2 3 digit codes under 0125 before finding one that worked) - I've now got full control of the TV. I think my original remote must be REV1 as it definitely does not have a Rev number inside the battery compartment.

Remote cost me £25 in Argos, right enought (did consider returning it and buying one cheaper elsewhere but decided I'm not quite that cheap !!)

Only issue now is that the new remote is a cheap grey plastic finish (my two current remotes have a nice silver finish) - My wife is not impressed....

Thanks again for all the help !!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

11. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so delighted to hear that you have finally got control of your Beko television.

I bought an extra Sky+ remote for my husband as I wanted it all the time and so did he! I can understand your wife not liking the new remote, silver is my favourite too.

So many people can't programme their new tvs with their Sky boxes, I think from your experience it's often just a question of a more up to date remote. A good outcome for you after all the angst!