1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beko 15LB450S???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Spursman, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Spursman

Spursman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,

Looking to buy this for the Kitchen, anyone got one? any good?

seen it in the shop, gives out a good picture for the price.

2. Spursman

Spursman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    anyone?

3. nodabble

nodabble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spursman,

If you're referring to the one that Dixons and Currys sell for £199 then I can tell you that I bought one of these not too long ago - to go in the kitchen funnily enough.

I wasn't expecting much for the price - which is probably why I'm impressed with it. The picture it produces is perfectly watchable, whether it be GMTV, Wimbledon, Sky News or MTV. Sure, the viewing angle ain't great but I just swivel the set to face where I am in the ktchen.

One drawback with small LCD TVs is the sound quality, what with them having tiny speakers. A nice feature of the Beko is a fully adjustable 5-band graphic equalizer meaning you can adjust the sound to compensate.

The set I bought had one dead pixel in the top-right corner of the screen which was only noticable up close, but I'm really fussy about things like that so I took it back and exchanged it for one that has no dead pixels.

Sure - the price of 15" LCD sets will probably fall to about £150 by Christmas but for now I think it is a perfectly good kitchen/bedroom TV.