Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Legal advice needed.

i agree that does sound a bit extreme...but it's not just governments that infringe our personal liberties.....gangs of yobs creating no go areas are far more of a threat!

I think your all taking this too far.

The officer had taken down their details that they volunteered to give when requested. there is no indication that he is blacklisted as the first suspect if anything happens in that area.

They are probably keeping a list of everyone they catch in large groups, and if they keep finding the name crop up again and again they can do something about it.

Remember, the police informed you of this proceedure, they are not keeping you in the dark.

As for the police officer sending their kids home, why cant they? they are his kids and maybe the officer knew some kids in that group who he didnt want his kids hanging round with (Like any parent would do)

Police officers should be commended for taking such action, with the amount of flack they get from every little thing they do this was a brave thing for them to do.

In my own community police officers wont even arrest an immigrant (Our city is flooded with them now) as they fear that they will be taken to court for being predujice EVEN THO there have been alot of rapes outside our nightclubs allegedly by these immigrants.

I just think any step a police officer takes to make the community safer is a good thing and they shouldnt come under scrutinity for it, they let you know what had happened in your letter so whats the problem? if this group of 15+ kids were on a football pitch im sure no one would of minded, but a group of even 5+ kids i'd find intimidating and at 6ft4 im not the smallest person in the world.

If you dont want those police officers tell em to transfer over here, id welcome them with open arms

vonhosen said:
There is no requirement for the group to give their details if they do not wish to for this purpose & they commit no offence not doing so for just this purpose, the forms would then just have to be filled out on description.

rhoamish said:
Not so in Bedford. They've introduced a new 'order' or some such, which allows the police to stop and question 'groups of two or more' (i.e. pretty much anyone). The letter that was distributed to thousands of houses in our area states that anyone unable to provide name, address or ID will be arrested!

rhoamish

My point about not having to give their details (the this purpose I was talking about) is if they don't want to for the completion of the form 5090. There is no power to demand them for that.
With regards to other legislation there may be a need for them to disclose their details when required to a Police officer (depending on the power they require them under).

The problem with all of this though is that a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing. You need to know exactly when you need to give your details or not, because if you don't give them at a time when there is a power to require them you may find yourself sitting in a cell until you do & they are verified.

It appears to me looking at X of D's posts that his biggest primary concern about what happened, is that his boys name may be on a Police "list", rather than the actions of the officer. Secondly that if his childs name is on the "list" that the Police officers children should be too. He doesn't appear to be complaining about the officers stopping them in the first place.

Garrett said:
I take it that was a wind up michaelm since the thread so far has been discused in a very adult and informative way.

No it wasn't a wind up. As far as I can see, gangs of yobs are starting to get the upper hand in this country. We see it evey day in the papers, on the tv news programmes etc. I seee the yob culture on my own street everytime I step outside my front door, and it's not just "the big boys" that are at it. They are as young as 7/8 years of age, as old as... well they're any age aren't they?

Flying about on their quads and scooters, chavved up Hyundai Accent's and Ka's, all hoodies, baseball caps, caesar haircuts and barcode moustaches, making people's lives a misery with their abuse, taunts, violence and destruction. And if you approach the parents you get the same treatment. The kids don't get it from the dogs in the street you know.

So if the police are prepared to fight back against this scum-culture, I applaud them and defend every action they take to do so. If a few "innocent" kids get their details taken by the police as a result, that's a pity but it is as a result of the actions of their peers, not the police for doing their jobs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom