1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Creative

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Fencer02, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Out of all the mainstream manufacturers, Creative are closest to being on a par with Apple in terms of how well their players work. This puts it on an aesthetic par as well. Let's hope it's built properly this time. I really like Creative players but it's really the issues of build quality and inferior design that keeps me from liking them 100%. This looks like one to challenge that.

One other thing which worries me that Creative seem to have been dropping the sound quality ball recently. Nothing I've experienced firsthand but people whose options I trust say that very recent Creative output has started to exhibit wobbly sound quality. That'd be a damned shame if it's true.

I don't like the name though. You shouldn't call something by what it is, or what you'd like it to be. The Jeep "Gas-guzzling Tank Driven by People Who Don't Know How To" wouldn't sell very well :devil:

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    this is just about HD players, not flash market;

unfortunately Creative have no idea in what direction they want to go to compete with iPod:

Sony: (try) to build quality audio playback only players, small physical size and long batt life

Cowon: build feature intensive players with great styling and limit to two product lines - iaudio X5 range and colour screen less M5 (coming soon)

iRiver: mixture of two, just have two product lines, H10 and H320 lines

Rio: don't know about them....1 year for a new release and we get a firmware update for their new 5/6gb players?! where's your 20gb follow up?!

Toshiba: Gigabeat range, 'cept its getting reviews criticising control and navigation. Maybe next time?

Archos: good cheap players for 20gb, minimalist approach

Creative: back to them. They have the Zen touch, micro and now the Zen Sleek (which incidently was announced a month ago folks). As well as the forthcoming Zen Touch Photo. Where are they going?

Edit: sorry, my point is Creative have taken a profit "plunge". Cowon has become No 2 in market followed by Sony and iRiver. Why do you think?

4. ChunkyMunkyLuva

ChunkyMunkyLuva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh :suicide:

My mind was all set on the HD5, even though it had its problems, but now i have to think twice about what i want in an mp3 player. Creative have no problems and (supposedly) the best sound quality, but 16hours battery life? thats like an ipod mini which is S**T! :oops:

the Sony has a better battery and is alot smaller

which one now :S

5. The_Mz

The_Mz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very disappointed to battery life. I expect min 24 hours of playtime. Zen Touch does that I expect that newer models would done it too.