Being back TV Swivel stand

readingfan

We don't all want a soundbar , but some of us do want to be able to change the location / direction of view of their TV
We are not all fortunate enough to be able to sit opposite our lovely screens and frequently like to watch from other locations
I have an L shaped lounge diner and this was never a problem with a Swivel stand
Furniture is usually 45cm deep , but with Feet being placed 80cm apart you can no longer angle a tv to suit any of our viewing preferences, thus preventing me and others like me buying the latest tech.
I don't want a wall bracket and never needed one but now it's a problem
LG , Sony, Panasonic , bring back this option , Please

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Panasonic has, the EX750 has a swivel stand.

And there's nothing preventing you buying a third party floor, tabletop or wall stand that can swivel, the VESA mounting system for TVs is standardised and supported by just about everything.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member

And there's nothing preventing you buying a third party floor, tabletop or wall stand that can swivel, the VESA mounting system for TVs is standardised and supported by just about everything.
That's what I did because of the stupidly wide feet on the 55ks7000 !!

readingfan

If I could find something suitable I would have ! Cheeky!

Also I can only fit a 40-43" set so again , a bit of a struggle .
I'm not the only person who lives with limited space
There is nothing as neat or the right size to suit my living environment, so no a Swivel stand worked for me for the last 20 years , but is no longer an option.
This cannot be unique to me

Dodgexander

readingfan

I would be more concerned about the viewing angles of the TV vs a swivel stand.

I also echo what has already been said, the stand a TV has shouldn't be much of a factor of purchase any more when you can buy stands that fit any TV that swivel on eBay such as this: Tabletop Pedestal Bracket TV Stand LCD/LED 26 -47 Inch Swivel Height Adjustable
I'm delighted all these people intimately familiar with the layout of my home telling me what I do and don't need.

If I could find a suitable solution I wouldn't want the Swivel stand , but as long as your alright jack bugger what people like me want !

readingfan

I would be more concerned about the viewing angles of the TV vs a swivel stand.

I also echo what has already been said, the stand a TV has shouldn't be much of a factor of purchase any more when you can buy stands that fit any TV that swivel on eBay such as this: Tabletop Pedestal Bracket TV Stand LCD/LED 26 -47 Inch Swivel Height Adjustable
I have purchased 2different versions of this but the Swivel is too far back on the Stand negating the ability to Swivel very much .
We used to be able to Swivel to the dining area I got area and tothe lounge area
This is no longer an option.
I guess I could buy 2 tv for the one room[emoji23]

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I have purchased 2different versions of this but the Swivel is too far back on the Stand negating the ability to Swivel very much .
If you're saying the issue was the stand's limitation then buy one that can swivel more than 15°. The first result from a quick search is this one which provides 120° of swivel, so they're definitely available.

It's not clear whether that's 120° each way or +- 60° but it's a lot more than 15°.

If you've got some sort of stand depth limitation and inability to use wall mounting them perhaps look into a mount that clamps onto the back edge of a desk or table. Some of the high end monitor ones should easily support the weight of a 40/43" TV.

readingfan

I do appreciate the various advice above , The problem with all conventional stands such as those suggested above have the pivot at the rear of the stand , thus up against the wall so you can't Swivel , the stand on my Samsung is in the centre of the base which permits the Swivel .
All my previous Swivel stand models were the same. As virtually all av furniture assumes you sit directly opposite without a central point of gravity , I cannot turn the tv without a leg falling off the unit or the tv hitting the wall , hence my desire to have a Swivel stand. I have a AVR and 5.1 speaker system so I don't need a soundbar space between the feet .

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I do appreciate the various advice above , The problem with all conventional stands such as those suggested above have the pivot at the rear of the stand , thus up against the wall so you can't Swivel
What's stopping you moving it away from the wall?

readingfan

My grandad actually made his own version of this for his old TV Big Screen TV Swivel: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Would that help at all with a centre stand?

Whats stopping you from wall mounting?
That looks really interesting and may work , I suspect that the position of the feet on a 40" screen may be more than 21" apart but I'm going to check , certainly could work with a centre stand I think.
My wife doesn't want to chase the wall or see the cables so a wall bracket is a last resort .
May still do it though but your Swivel base might be ideal .
Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom