bein sport UK

Allawyg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Need some help. Im sure this has been asked many times but I searched everwhere without an answer.

I have SKY and only a dish for sky.

I need BEIN sport. What are my options.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

From the beIN webpage FAQs :-

'beIN SPORTS CONNECT subscriptions are available exclusively in the Middle East and North African territories'

Therefore, any discussion as to how to receive/view these channels in any other region is a potential breach of copyright issue, and is contrary to the Rules of this Forum.

A pub in Liverpool has recently been fined £65,000 for showing a UK Premier League game broadcast on this network.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the beIN webpage FAQs :-

'beIN SPORTS CONNECT subscriptions are available exclusively in the Middle East and North African territories'

Therefore, any discussion as to how to receive/view these channels in any other region is a potential breach of copyright issue, and is contrary to the Rules of this Forum.

A pub in Liverpool has recently been fined £65,000 for showing a UK Premier League game broadcast on this network.
It is only a breach of copyright if the programmes are shown in commercial premises to the public (as the pub was doing). There is nothing whatsoever illegal about viewing these channels in private domestic situations as was confirmed by the European Court of Justice in the Karen Murphy case (which also noted the copyright issue in commercial premises). Please quote which forum rule it is otherwise breaching.

Last edited:
So it was a public performance issue instead of a regional issue.
If I remember correctly there was a case a few years back which backed this up.

Getting Bein Sports on Nilesat or Arabsat is all about your location in the UK.

Much further north than Northampton renders your search null and void, unless you have a field and pots of money for a huge dish (I.e 1.8m dish).

South of this and you can get away with a 1.1m dish

Getting Bein Sports on Nilesat or Arabsat is all about your location in the UK.

Much further north than Northampton renders your search null and void, unless you have a field and pots of money for a huge dish (I.e 1.8m dish).

South of this and you can get away with a 1.1m dish

hhmm

... There is nothing whatsoever illegal about viewing these channels in private domestic situations ...

How do you obtain a legitimate subscription for this service for an address in the UK, when subscriptions are available '... EXCLUSIVELY in the Middle East and North African territories' ?

If an address within those territories is given when the intention is to view the service OUTSIDE that area, isn't that fraud ?

Or is there a method of viewing the service WITHOUT a legitimate subscription ?

If so, surely discussion of ANY of this IS contrary to the Forum rules ?

'You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which ... risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.'

How do you obtain a legitimate subscription for this service for an address in the UK, when subscriptions are available '... EXCLUSIVELY in the Middle East and North African territories' ?

If an address within those territories is given when the intention is to view the service OUTSIDE that area, isn't that fraud ?
It may be a "fraudulent" contract under civil/contract law but it is definitely NOT fraud under criminal law in the EU as has been clarified by the ECJ. Valid subscriptions are purchased from dealers some of whom are assured advertisers on this forum. The maximum that could be done by the broadcaster is termination of the viewing card without recompense if the card is found to be in use outside their territory (which has happened occasionally in Europe with Nova, Viasat and Sky UK cards to name but 3)

Or is there a method of viewing the service WITHOUT a legitimate subscription ?

If so, surely discussion of ANY of this IS contrary to the Forum rules ?

'You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which ... risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.'
Sorry that rule does not apply to this - copyright is only infringed if programmes are displayed in a public space and as above nothing illegal or unlawful about using "foreign" subscriptions privately in the EU.

Hi guys.

Need some help. Im sure this has been asked many times but I searched everwhere without an answer.

Thank you

Go on holiday to Dubai and buy 1.

Easily solved

Go in the right shop and they will register it for you

I'm about 70 miles north of Northampton and Pedro installed for me.

I got 1.1m dish and receive those channels.

I am 110% Pedro would have done you a good job

If you are happy to pay for my flight I will go and get you a box

I will pay for my own hotel :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom