1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Behringer Feedback Destroyer - Review Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Apocalypse, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've taken the plunge and ordered this parametric equaliser based on the positive comments from the member formerly known as Couch Potato :)

When I do a tone sweep from 200-20Hz using AVIA I have two distinct peaks at about 120Hz and 60Hz respectively, no doubt I'm not alone when it comes to these anomalies. I'll do a full before and after test so you can see exactly what results I get when using the same conditions (same volume, same sub position etc). Most importantly I can tell you if the overall sound is noticeably improved on movies and music. If it does improve things noticeably it will surely rank as one of the best upgrades ever at only £100 inc delivery, fingers crossed.

I'll be using the graphs found in this article here for my tests. Bear in mind that these tests aren't flawless as my room is hardly an anechoic chamber but they are good enough for my humble needs.

Phil

2. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'll be looking forward to that.

I almost ordered a BFD last week, but after playing around for a while managed to flatten the peaks in the sub response out a bit (now roughly +-6Db).

My biggest problem is the acoustics of the room, but there isn't a huge amount I can do about that at the moment without compromising something else (like the ability to actually see the TV).

I need to win the lottery or move somewhere with cheaper houses really :)

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in a different position, my current room is too small but I do have another option. I have a 6m x 4m room that I could exclusively use for Home Cinema if I want to but the room would need soundproofing and nobody seems to know of a definite method for doing this, I wouldn't commit money to the project unless I knew I could effectively soundproof it.

Damn neighbours.........................they probably say the same thing about me :devil:

4. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
  5. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    :blush:

Hi Phil, I hope everythings works out ok and it turns out to be a good recomendation!!

Steve

6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bjd - Thanks for the links m8, some good reading

Steve - I assume you used 2 RCA to 6.3mm Jack adaptors to wire up the equalizer, the other option (XLR) seems a bit pricey.

7. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    I'll be interested to hear what results you get, Apoc. I wonder, has anyone tried one of Behringer's Ultra-Curve Pro devices? As far as I can tell from their website it's not as powerful and the Feedback Destroyer Pro (fewer Parametric EQ bands_, but as against that it comes with its own built-in measuring facilities (if you add a mic) and can pretty much automate the whole room EQ process.

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well isn't that just typical, my order has vanished in the system at UPS, Digital Village have had to send another one out. What do those corny UPS adverts say again? :mad: :rolleyes: