1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Behind Enemy Lines R1, No Coding, DTS or Deleted Scenes?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Kevo, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Just watched Behind Enemy Lines (R1) and it clearly states DTS and 'Deleted Scenes' as an extra on the case.

I couldn't find any of the above on the Disk, just DD 5.1 and a 'Behind the Scenes' doc.

Also, oddly enough I didn't have to set the region code to 1 on my DVD player. That's a first!

This is the second DVD in a row (both from Play.com) that have 'missing' extras, the other being Black Eagle.

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Pity it doesn't have an alternate ending which isn't so A Team-esque as he's picked up.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange. I have the R1 Behind Enemy Lines. It DOES have the dts but I haven't checked the othe extra's though.

Extra's listed as Full length commentary by Director John Moore and Editor Martin Smith
    Commentary by Producers John Davis and Wyck Godfrey
    Extende/Deleted Scenes
    Behind the scenes featurette and more....

The deleted scenes bit id definetly there as I have watched thaem.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I agree.
    In fact I thought the film was average at best, just your usual, run of the mill, 'American gun-ho' stuff.

I borrowed it off a mate along with LOTR and he claims it's (BEL) a classic that I will want to go out and buy after seeing. Better than Enemy at The Gates.

"Watch LOTR first and leave BEL as your main Sat night DVD"
    he said. :confused:

All I can say is, I am glad he bought it and not me and I'm sure LOTR can't be any worse than this, which I'm having as the 'main Sat night DVD'.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I'd suggest a comedy reserve to pick yourself up after a potential double-whammy, Kevo, as I found LOTR ordinary if not dull/disapointing.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There seem to be more special features on the upcoming R2 release.

7. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Army Bloke

Just checked the DVD again and I have noticed Japanese/Chinese type text on the disk label as well as English.
    Also Chinese and Thai subtitles are an option so I'm now thinking that this may be an 'un-official' copy.

Now I feel 'dirty' not to mention embarrased :blush: !
    I swore I would never play any 'dodgy' disks in my DVD Player, only official, legit ones.

It does play in DD 5.1, there is only Spanish DD 2.0 as another option and the only special feature is the 'Behind The Scenes' doc. It goes straight into it from the Main Menu, there is no
    sub-menu for Special features.

The packaging looks authentic enough, defo original print with 'DTS silver security' sticker and not your dodgy laser print stuff.

It's defo not R1, as stated on the packaging, poss R2/0.

I don't think my mate is aware that it is 'un-official'.
    He, like me will not entertain anything but original, legit DVDs.

I'm pretty sure he got it from Play. He's on hol at the moment.

What's annoying is, that if it is 'dodgy', I was easily fooled, it looks so genuine.

Or is it just the wrong region code disk in the wrong box?

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd be surprised how good some of those counterfeit versions can be. Der Pobbman posted a while back that those hologram stickers can be picked up for almost no money at all and they look as authentic as the originals.

But if bought from Play.com, it is very unlikely to be "intentionally" fake. I bet somebody returned it to Play with the wrong disk inside and Play resealed it and sent it out to you (or maybe this person resealed it themselves)! Sounds it's a R3 or Asian R0.

I hope they believe him when he tries to return it (assuming he did buy it from Play.com) :rolleyes: