• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Beginner's projector

dothestrand

Standard Member
I had a quick search on the forum but couldn't find a precise thread to help.

A friend uses a digital projector for his PS3, currently projects it onto his lounge wall and it looks fine. So it got me thinking. I'm planning to sell my 26in HD television and use the proceeds in part to fund a projector. I'm only going to use it for screening films. I'm not planning on becoming a home cinema nut, and what's more, my budget's likely to be on the lower scale, so I'm happy to consider a budget projector. But I don't know what to look for in a projector. Perhaps someone could advise given that all I'm planning to do is hook it up to my DVD player, perhaps my laptop at times. I hope to get £150 for my TV, half of what I paid for it less than a year ago, and spend at most the same amount again, so £300 in total. I know it's not much, but what could I get for my money?

Thanks in advance.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
You'll get a used 720p projector for less than £300 if you look around. But bear in mind you'll have to get a sound system as well. With that budget its going to be nigh on impossible to set up a system unless you already have a surround sound system and just need the projector for the image.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom