1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginners asistance needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by harper101, Apr 29, 2002.

1. harper101

harper101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please could anyone help me. I have just received a Panasonic PT AE 100 E and hpe to have it installed by the weekend. I wish to have it ceiling mounted and having difficulty in finding suppliers of brackets for this purpose. I have spoken to Unicol abot a gyrolock but would like to know if there are any alternatives.

Also I am running this as my main source of Vision for TV etc but will be doing so via a PC.

I understand that the VGA will produce the best picture and was going to get a Win TV Nova-t as a tuner but I am being told to wait for their next product release (due to coincide with the World Cup) which will have better functionality. Any views on TV Cards please.

I look forward to any help that I can get. Thanks.

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think most people here are using home made ceiling mounts, including myself. The official Panasonic mount is over $400, & not available anyway.

I'll upload some pics of my mount in a day or two.

The best TV capture card is a Falcon, but is very expensive. I'm using a Pinnacle PCTV Rave, about £40, with excellent results using DScaler software.

It's not adviseable to use the on board TV tuner on any PCI TV card for projection purposes. The tuner is usually crap.

Just used to capture an incomming S-video signal, so it can be digitized & improved by the PC.

Check the HTPC forum for lots more information on cards & DScaler etc...

4. harper101

harper101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Kramer for our advise, I'll check out the falcon and also your Pinnacle.

Regards

5. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Do a search on the forum for ae100 and ceiling mount, and you'll get loads of info on how easy it is to build one. (apologies to Nigel ince).