Beginners advice needed on repositioning Sky box!

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure all the info I need is on here already but some of the older posts I've read have gone straight over my head so I was hoping for a bit of basic advice before I waste money on the wrong cable!

I've decided to move my Sky digibox to the other side of my living room and needless to say the cable doesn't reach and I'm not keen on having an extension running round the sides of the room. I therefore want to run a new cable from the dish around the side of the house and in through the back wall. I'm new to all this so I just wanted to check that it's simply a case of pulling the one cable out of the dish and pushing a new one in or is it more complicated than it appears. I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly which cable is best to use and roughly what I should be paying for it and where the best place to buy it is.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Standard cable for satellite is CT100, that can be bought from your local DIY superstore or from a satellite dealer.

The actually process of replacing a cable is pretty easy since there are only two physical connections required and both will use a connector which you already have.

Take a look here.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom