Beginner set up help needed

Antsinmyeyes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Complete beginner in the projector world and I’m looking for some advice on how to set up my screen correctly.
I’ve ceiling mounted my Optoma UHD300x and am projecting onto the wall (want to go to wall and get correct dimensions before ordering a fixed frame screen)
The left side of the image is 60” and the right side is 55”.
I’m unsure as to what settings to use to have both sides the same size, any help is appreciated
image.jpg

The projector is probably not perpendicular (straight on and is skewed to the left or right) to the wall.

Twist is slightly left or right a few degrees and it should become equal.

You can use keystone correction to adjust but best to make sure it's as close as possible first by twisting one way or the other.

Also if you are getting a projector screen if it's hung from the ceiling, again it will need to be perpendicular to screen otherwise you will find the same effect if it's not.

Thanks a lot for the help on this, I now feel like an idiot but at least I learned something new today.
Its pretty much bang on now
Again appreciate the quick and correct response
You can use keystone correction to adjust but best to make sure it's as close as possible first by twisting one way or the other.

Also if you are getting a projector screen if it's hung from the ceiling, again it will need to be perpendicular to screen otherwise you will find the same effect if it's not.

Glad you got it fixed, don't worry we all had to start somewhere and when it's new to you it can take a bit of figuring it out.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom