1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner at tinkering

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Damo1176, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Damo1176

Damo1176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have owned a standard Grundig box for ages and everything ewas fine till the thin started overheating and cooked the wiring. Anyway I got a new box today, an Amstrad and had it all installed. However one thing remians a mystery, I have a scart lead from Video to Sky and then sky to the EXT1 soclket on the telly. Now before I used to be able to hit 6 and get Sky, now I can only get it on Ext1 which s fine I am sure till recording then not sure how to do it. Can someone please advise me as most people I know have Ski set on channel 6 but my tv and sat box aren't playing ball.

Probably really easy but its bugging me.

Merry Xmas one and all

2. knoxville

knoxville

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have to retune sky in also check for dodgy connections thats normally the prob! Merry X-mas
    P3t3r.

3. chilpillphil3

chilpillphil3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean you want to press Sky and it goes to channel 6?

If so you need to

Press TV.
    Hold down Green and Select untill the light on the remote flashes twice.
    Press 6
    Then press select untill the light flashes twice.

This will set the tv to go to channel 6 when you press Sky

4. Damo1176

Damo1176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I workmed out that bit but I am unsure on how to be plugging in the scarts. I have two cables one from EXt1 on the TV and that goes ito the sky box and then one from the sky box to the video, I want to get as good a picture on 6 as I have on EXT1