begginer questions

the_quick

Established Member
Reaction score
So almost level 30, and for last 4 levels was doing bounty missions as finished story line and don't have any dlc yet. Is that right thing to do? Are there any patrol missions for lvl 20+?? What else can I do?
What is a lvl cap without any dlc?

Thanks

Level cap is 34 without DLC, at least without TTK it is.

I think you are severely restricted in what you can do now, as all the dailys and night fall require lvl 40.

If you enjoy playing and want to continue, I would recommend getting the taken king.

So just hit lvl 40 and 200 light lvl, so what now? Do I need better gear for raids?

You need light level 290 for normal raid mode (higher for hard mode). I just reached 292 myself by continuing with the story and doing strikes. Eventually you can do heroic stories which requires 240 light level and heroic strikes which require 260. You'll get into the high 200's in no time this way. The problem will come when you reach the end-game as there's no matchmaking for this content (for good and bad reasons), so the only way to do trials or raids is by pre-forming groups (like we do here at AVF).

Court of oryx is good for getting your LL up.

Join a clan on here and people will help you run strikes and story missions to get your LL up and do the raids. Destiny isn't really a game to be played solo, even tho part of it is designed that way.

Destiny isn't really a game to be played solo, even tho part of it is designed that way.

The fact it requires people to form fireteams on online forums suggests it's not really designed for multiplayer either. :p

Thanks for the answers
exactly true, multilayer aspect of it is bit lacking, should be bit better for the end game.

Already joined clan on here, will need to write in their section

Destiny solo is a good, not great game. Destiny with a group of friends who all play together and share the victories and the defeats is an entirely different, far better game. It doesn't start getting good until you complete your first raid. Everyone on here is friendly and will gladly help new folks out - everyone who does well at the game got help from others to get there themselves.

Stick with it - find a group you gel with and complete a Raid together. Then the game truly begins!

So just hit lvl 40 and 200 light lvl, so what now? Do I need better gear for raids?

You should be able to pick up new quests from people in the tower and the reef to get legendary marks and legendary gear, you'll progressively get better rewards to increase your light level. The standard strike playlist (level 36 requirement, not sure that works with light level) should get you plenty blue engrams to increase your light level and if you stay in the playlist you get an increased chance of getting better rewards. The daily heroic story missions are 240 light, this is a random story mission each day that guarantees you 15 legendary marks which you can buy legendary level 280 items with. The Heroic strikes are the same as the normal ones but are slightly tougher at light level 260, the first three runs give legendary marks and the first run guarantees a legendary engram.

The top strike is the Nightfall which is level 280 which has five difficulty modifiers, you can only do this once per character per week (maximum of three per week if you have three characters). The rewards are random but can include high level legendary items, an exotic item or others like strange coins/three of coins.

Once you've done all that including the main quest lines (some of the latter ones give guaranteed high level rewards like a 290 exotic scout rifle and a 300 fusion rifle or shotgun) you should be 290+ and ready for the normal mode raid.

Although there's no activity that guarantees strange coins, you should get a fair amount of them along the way which you can use to buy a 280 light level exotic from Xur who is a vendor that comes from Friday to Sunday. You can only equip one exotic at a time but it's a good chance to get a guaranteed boost on what you have.

I should also add you need to make sure you join a faction as well - either Future War Cult (in a small room above the hangar area), Dead Orbit (in the hangar area, near the Vanguard weapon vendor/ship mechanic) or New Monarchy (near the speaker, you go to the left when you come into that area). You earn reputation with your faction when you earn Vanguard/Crucible marks and you can also speed it up by donating items to your faction (such as motes of light, heavy ammo synths etc.) to speed it up. Ranks 1 and 2 let you buy specific faction armour and rank 3 lets you buy specific faction guns plus each time you rank up you may get a legendary item from your faction.

You should have chosen one when you started Taken King as I think you have to go to each one as part of the introductory quest but thought it worth mentioning in case you haven't. Dead Orbit is currently a popular first choice as their rank 3 Scout rifle Hung Jury is one of the best in the game, it comes with Firefly and Triple Tap which means precision kills on enemies cause them to blow up and weaken those near them and the Triple Tap means rapid precision hits give you more bullets back in the magazine. That gives it tremendously flexibility as it can quickly clear out low level enemies by blowing them up and it's also good for stronger enemies as repeatedly getting precision shots means you'll get ammo back allowing for much longer shooting sprees before needing to reload.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom