Before I buy...

dampsquib

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm after an LCD TV, and I've got a maximum of £600 to spend.

I think I'm more than likely to buy a Samsung LE37R87BD, but I've a quick question before i commit...

I'll be mainly using it for SD tv and HD XBOX 360, with a slim chance of Sky HD in the future. Is it worth saving up for a few months more to get a 1080p set (i.e. the M87, or Sharp LC37XD1E) I am limited to 37" because of room size. Will the difference between 720p and 1080p be noticable on a screen that size?

My gut feeling is that the R87 is the way to go as it is fairly accomplished at SD, and going 1080 would be a bit of overkill for what I need - anyone agree?

Cheers

DS

1080p is going to be over kill. i have seen the R87 and its a weak model, like the M87. I would get the TX32LXD70 panasonic(and have) for 600 pounds price matched with John lewis. the Tv is amazing very very good picture, the colours are very good unlike the m87 and the r87 colors very strange.

1080p is going to be over kill. i have seen the R87 and its a weak model, like the M87. I would get the TX32LXD70 panasonic(and have) for 600 pounds price matched with John lewis. the Tv is amazing very very good picture, the colours are very good unlike the m87 and the r87 colors very strange.
yes the Panasonic is a good tv won the 32" what hifi test...blah de blah ;) but in what way are the Samsung R8 and M8 tv weak? R8 are excellent tv's correctly calibrated with a good input source, granted the M8 has has the freeview judder but if you get one that doesn't suffer from this it's also a good tv.

my 2p, Curly

Thanks guys. I think i'll stick with the Samsung - it has recieved some excellent reviews, and it's more TV for my money.

Cheers

DS

ok if you do, price match it with john lewis for 500 pounds.

£500 for the 37" LE37R87BD samsung?? where did you see that? the cheapest i've seen is £580 inc P&P!

Dampsquib - where'd you see it for £580 - I'm getting this tv also so am on the look out for the cheapest place for it?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom