1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before I buy ... any views/reviews on these DLP projectors?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alanfcross, May 18, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've shortlisted projectors for my photographic club, and top of the list on spec is the NEC LT-245. XGA (1024x768), DLP, good output, good contrast, and CF card/USB data input for PC-free presentations.
    Can't find any reviews on this machine. Anyone out there got any experience of this projector, or NEC PJs in general?
    Also on my list are the Infocus LP600 (USB slot) and the Plus U4-237 (CF card slot). Any views on these also appreciated. I'm more worried about making a mistake with the club's money that I would be about my own!!
    TIA.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alan, get in touch with David Graham, the professional photographer I told you about to whom I recently supplied an NEC LT 245.

His w/s is: www.davidgraham.net where you will find his contact details.

I'm sure he will be happy to talk to you and possibly dem the unit.

Jeff

3. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

Thanks. I've just spoken with David, who was kind enough to give me more time than I had hoped for to talk about the LT-245. Seems he's very pleased with it on all counts, though I will be checking throw distances asit seems it's quite a wide lens.
    Can we talk prices and warranty options off forum? alan@alanfcross.com
    Best regards

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Alan,

There is another model, the NEC LT-265 which is a bit brighter at 2500 ansi and has a longer throw lens.

Jeff