1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beezeblock Wall Mounting Plasma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Urban_Moniker, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Urban_Moniker

Urban_Moniker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people - long time reader, new poster - you know the saying!

Looking for some advice on wall mounting a plasma. I have searched the archives quite extensively, but my 'problem' seems to be brushed over as it's almost too simple :suicide: !

Basically I have a rendered breezeblock wall (OK, I'm assuming it's breezeblock cos it's grey and not as hard as brick!) and I want to hang a 42 inch plasma. No plasterboard, no standoff mounting, just a nice simple 'screw & fix'. I guess it could be thermalite, but doubt it - house is circa 25 years old if that explains much.

So the question is, what fixing should I use? Total weight is ~ 35kg, slimline mount (prob non-tilt, but assume tiliting just to be safe), guessing 8 bolts total. I have looked at:-

RawlBolts - designed for heavy loads, but not blockwork - look to my eye as if they 'grab' too close to the surface which would explain that.

Rawloc Sleeve Bolts - designed for blockwork, but medium loads only - grab deeper within the blockwork, but they all seem to be captive bolts and I reckon a loose bolt fixing will a) look nicer and b) permit a stronger fixing

Chemical Fix Bolts - strongest? but messy - also would mean I have 8 permanent metal rods sticking out the wall - not nice when it comes to flogging the house!

Big Screws! - not too technical, 100mm, 8mm core screws or similar - but Rawlplugs appear to be max 50mm long which would mean they be grabbing close to the surface.

My ideal fixing would permit me to square up and tack up the bracket (blu tack, pritt stick... :) ) then drill 10mm holes straight through the existing holes, push the bolts through and tighten in-situ. It would also give me peace of mind and hopefully improve the picture quality :) !!

So, anyone had experience with this and willing to give me advice? Anyone who's mounted a Panny6/7 using an av-sales slimline tiliting or non-tilting wall mount into a rendered block wall, had it up for more than 3 years without falling and remembers what fixings they used (full product code please :rolleyes: ) would be most welcome!!

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    try this site .Courtesy of our very own JasonJo

3. Urban_Moniker

Urban_Moniker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: