Beetlejuice Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Brian Day, 19th October 2008
There’s no doubting that Tim Burton is a genius. Now I know he doesn’t write these movies that I seem to have such a good time reviewing. But as the director, it’s his vision that ends up being canned and consequently screened. His films have their own visual style that from the first scene says “TIM BURTON MADE THIS” all over it. And I’m pleased to report that Beetlejuice is no exception.
Made before Burton turned completely to the dark side, this film does contain some light humour that was evident in Edward Scissorhands and the early Pee-Wee movies. But this was 1988 – in 1989, with the advent of the Bat, burtons films were to get a lot darker and moodier – and they still are today.</p> Touted as a Twentieth anniversary special edition Blu-ray disc, this is a bit of a joke really. The picture and sound quality are adequate at best – but it’s the distinct lack of extras that make me want to express my disgust to the World Wide Web immediately! Three (poor) cartoons made for Saturday morning TV in the eighties and a music only track – someone’s having a laugh!

However, that’s not going to stop me recommending this film to those of you who know how good it is and newcomers alike. And yes – it’s worth updating that old SD version on your shelf just for the smart slipcase that this Blu-ray comes in. Case of brilliant film, poor disc.
Read the full review...

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
I have no idea why they do not get Arrow to do the work, Everything I have had from them has been amazing!

edit: They being the cash cow companies, That ask us to quadruple dip on films and release extended edition directors cut super duper third special editions of decent films.
Arrow are the only company I can think of that guarantee a worthy upgrade! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom