Beetlejuice 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Eight for the film might be a touch generous but I must say I enjoyed it more than expected and yes the stars look a lot younger and I was surprised how long it took for the main character to take over the film

Daylight come and me wanna go home......

A classic for me and not for everyone I must say.
Would like to own this once affordable.
Thank you for covering this.
Always believed and still do that Keaton is probably the most unrated actor of a generation.

Eight for the film might be a touch generous but I must say I enjoyed it more than expected and yes the stars look a lot younger and I was surprised how long it took for the main character to take over the film

It's a classic. Eight too generous? Just the reverse. Too stingy is closer to the truth.

Bri

It's a classic. Eight too generous? Just the reverse. Too stingy is closer to the truth.

Bri

Can honestly say, don’t think I’ve ever seen this.

source-4.gif

An absolute beast is this. Burton's best for me, and I'd have given Keaton an Oscar as well.

Thanks for the review! Probably my favourite Tim Burton film, this blew me away watching it at the cinema as a teenager - at the time I hadn’t seen anything remotely like this, and what a cast! Personally I’ve always loved the Danny Elfman score and can’t wait to see this in 4K, although I can’t understand why yet again it’s given such a feeble collection of extras. This is the same paltry selection as it’s always had. Surely there must be some great stories from a terrific line up of actors, which would make for a superb retrospective.

Watched the 4K DV / Atmos version via iTunes last night (It had to be!). Great to revisit this Movie after many years. Simon was spot on with this review; colours really popped, & the Atmos Soundtrack was quite tame in comparison to some titles - it just helped with the feel rather than much being overtly "from above". I'm not adverse to Grain myself, however, this was one Film where it caught my eye more than usual, and I would not have been sorry if it had been cleaned up just a little. But, still, a fantastic Halloween Film!
Day-Oh! :D

I remember liking this film when I was younger and I'm happy that I still do. Well written, well acted, just a fun film. I did not recognise Alec Baldwin lol.

The picture quality is nice and the grain didn't bother me. The practical effects look great, but the increase in detail highlights the optical effects which haven't aged so well. This is one of those occasions I wish they could have found money to re-do them. I wonder if this wouldn't look a little better as a remastered blu-ray.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Atmos mix. The Atmos height channels are actually quite active in certain parts of the film, especially in the climax where there were people being catapulted up and debris raining down.

Overall a fun film I'm glad I've watched again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom