• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Been to Richer sounds

Right i looked on here for abit of advice orginally was gonna go for the QA 2000 Speakers which i like but now i've decided to opt for some Floor standing spekers for the front.

Went to richer sounds they offered me the 1030 with 1010 and a cambridge center speaker with cambridge sub.

Now i don't know what to do I'm liking the look of the 1050's and the 2000c even though they are abit more expensive i could always add the rears a a few weeks down the line also what sub do i get.

Also would it be possible for me to purchase the 2000 and ask for 2 floor standing speakers instead of the 4 little ones and they could reduce the price a little maybes what are your thoughts people.

Dazzor

Prominent Member
Right i looked on here for abit of advice orginally was gonna go for the QA 2000 Speakers which i like but now i've decided to opt for some Floor standing spekers for the front.

Went to richer sounds they offered me the 1030 with 1010 and a cambridge center speaker with cambridge sub.

Now i don't know what to do I'm liking the look of the 1050's and the 2000c even though they are abit more expensive i could always add the rears a a few weeks down the line also what sub do i get.

Also would it be possible for me to purchase the 2000 and ask for 2 floor standing speakers instead of the 4 little ones and they could reduce the price a little maybes what are your thoughts people.

FWIW, I don't think it's ideal to mix the QA's with a different centre. The general consensus is the front-3 should all be the same or more commonly the same matching brand/manufacturer.

I've also heard that it's unlikely that any shop will split a 2000 package, basically I think you'll have to "bolt together" your 5.1 and pay the individual prices for the system, having said that I think you could still strike a deal if you shop about.

Personally I'm a big fan of holding out and buying better components as you can afford them and then adding later. This gives you a chance also to do more research.

On the sub front: this is easy, forget about the QA sub and opt for a BK Gemini II. I mention this as you haven't specified a budget but it does sound like you want something in the same price-range. Sub's don't really need to be tonally matched so opting for a brand that specialize in subs can make a lot of sense.

Relevant thread on swapping QA sub

Hope this helps
D

musicville

Established Member
FWIW, I don't think it's ideal to mix the QA's with a different centre. The general consensus is the front-3 should all be the same or more commonly the same matching brand/manufacturer.
D

I agree with Dazzor, the 1030's are a cracking deal if they are £139 so id get them and the 1010i's for rears, then a bk gemini sub and find a 1000ci centre i think i paid about £79 for mine hope that helps. :thumbsup:

I also agree with with buying the best components and saving up, iv also found it more fun this way and learnt alot more than buying all at once.

Anyway good look, have fun and if you have any questinos just ask!

Last edited:
I agree the 1030i will do now should i get 1010 or 1020 for rears also i can't seem to find the 1000c anywhere online not in black anyways and think i'm gonna go for the bk gemini sub as it comes highly recommended more so than the QA sub. I'm not in a hurry to splsh out on the system so would rather buy things seperate but if i can buy most of them from one place it will be worth it for the disocunt also is there much difference in the 1030 and 1050s?

What amps are you using with this setup i don't want to spend more than £400 quid on Amp.

musicville

Established Member
well im running a sony strda 2400es with mine i got it about 10 months ago so there may be better out there now, you can still get them for about the £400 mark.

Regarding the centre i think there are a few on ebay that may be worth a look other than that im not sure where you would get one from as i think i got mine from superfi.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
i would give these people a ring to see if they have a centre in the finish that you want. I wouldn't use a centre from a different company; I'd even hesitate to use the 2000 series centre with the 1000 series without feedback to know that it works, though it possibly will.

For the little extra cost, I would get the 1020is as surrounds; good surrounds do make a difference.

Also, if you can get the 1050is instead of the 1039is, they will be better, but the 1030is will be fine if you can't.

Q Acoustics 1000Ci Centre Channel Speaker

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
For amps, I would look at the afore mentioned Sony 2400, Denon 1910 (both £400) and the £350 Yamaha 765.

All will work well with the QA speakers and have the same functionality, though if HDMI passthrough is important, I think that the sony may not have that. The Denon and the Yamaha will give a warmer sound than the Sony.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
What does HDMI passthrough offer mate?

I think i'll go with the Q-A 1030,1020, and 1000c and the Gemini Sub.

HDMI passthrough enables one of the HDMI inputs to the amp to still be active when the amp is in standbye.

As I always use my amp when watching any TV, it wouldn't be feature that I would use.

That should be a good speaker setup.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member

gordylad

Standard Member
I bought the black 1030i and the 1010 from Richer Sounds a few weeks ago. I also bought the black centre speaker from the following and they price matched it at 89 quid. Delivered the next day - recommended

http://www.hispek.com/P/Q-Acoustic
s-1000CIBLACK-Centre-Speaker-in-Black(1000CIBLACK).aspx

Everyone on this forum seems to be bigging up the gemini but would suggest you go for something you like and that fits your budget.

Dazzor

Prominent Member
Everyone on this forum seems to be bigging up the gemini but would suggest you go for something you like and that fits your budget.

The Gemini II is in roughly in the same price bracket as the latest QA 2070S sub?

Hence the recommendation, recommendations being what the OP asked for:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom