Been out of the game for nearly 2 years whats the natural upgrade from a TX100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kopite4Ever, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    As title basically people ive not really kept up with the PJ game since i got mine in jan\feb 2005. Since getting into HD-DVD and soon blu-ray i think its time the projector is upgraded as i dont think im seeing the best i should be given its 2 years plus old tech.

I dont think i need 1080p in all honesty i think the thread i seen over at AVS tipped me into waiting untill it becomes the standard in maybe a couple of years time.

Again i own a Hitachi PJ-TX100 and i must say she has served me very well in the 2 years service with about 900 hours on the clock. The one thing i love about the machine is the razor sharp image from HD sources and this is something id like to keep in my next PJ. Going on this basis i was looking into the new models, TX300, Z5 and the ever impressing AX100. The one thing that is putting me off the panny is the fact that i seen the smoothscreen working on a AE700 and it totally killed the whole thing for me i hated it and i assume the same tech is used on the latest machine. Now what im looking to know about the AX100 is will it be at least as sharp as my current Pj or sharper as it looks to be a great machine. I want to keep my sharpness but upgrade to get better blacks and colour reproduction ie just better tech, a better PJ but i need it to be sharp. I know the TX300 and the Z5 will be sharp as nails as they have always had that in their respective series of PJ.

Any wise info on which machines to really look into ? Are there machines i should be looking at that may have slipped my radar during my little search of whats new. Ideally i want to spend no more than a grand as i need a new tele as well.

Cheers in advance.

2. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hitachi PJ-TX300