Been on my bike

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out for a ride today as it is so gorgeous. Took the camera with me and snapped a few in the 3 odd hours I was out.

As always, images link to the respective Flickr page where larger sizes and .exif are available.

Comments welcome.

Two Vents

Step into the Sky

Peeling

Yellow Field

Alone

All good shots but I personally like #1, #2 and #5 Steve.

#1 because I'm drawn towards the two vents *maybe you should of helped them finish off whitewashing the wall ;) *

#2 the composition of the white building with blue roof and the sky is perfectly exposed :thumbsup:

#5 The tree really does stand out here probably because of the lovely blue sky and yellow field

"Alone" is my favourite too.

Bright colours and great composition.

I love the sky too. Did you use a polariser?

Cheers.

Love the last shot there mate. There is an abundance of these yellow rapeseed fields down my way at the moment. Spent two hours driving across Somerset and Dorset this afternoon seeing all the lovely countryside with strong contrasts between the greens and yellows against crystal blue sky with fluffy white clouds, photo opportunity heaven !

... but no bl**dy camera! :suicide:

"Alone" is my favourite too.

Bright colours and great composition.

I love the sky too. Did you use a polariser?

Cheers.

Yep, I had my Cokin circular polariser strapped to the front of the 24-105/4L

Thanks for the comments :smashin:

Hi Steve.
I've only been in this forum for a couple of weeks, but already I'm starting to see people's styles :)
Really like the shots. I wonder whether a couple of them would benefit from perspective correction to get all the verticals vertical. It's not something I've tried yet, but I've got a few which I'm considering adjusting like this.
Anyway - just a thought.

I checked and changed them on the first, second and last. The fourth is maybe 2 degrees out, but not much :)

Non horizontal horizons do my head in too :D

Yep - last one for me too. Cracking shot. Lovely skies too - might cut & paste them into some of mine.

You appear to have a good eye for this sort of stuff!

Funny, the shots I ahd planned to get were the second and the last.

I looked at the sky this morning and thought it would be perfect for both of those. So it was off round the local trading estate (Telford has a LOT) to look some nice roof lines, probably inspired by yesterdays photos. Thats where I saw the graffiti too (I have more of those to post). Then it was off toward the edge of town into fields though on a main road and then off to find a lone tree on a hill. I knew if the sky was nice I would be able to use the CP to get those clouds right.

Shame they weren't a bit more compact and fluffy though :( I'm pleased with the result none the less.

Steve youve developed a knack for seeing lines, curves , paintwork and bricks;)

Alone is :thumbsup:...

Yup!You definitely have your own style steve.

I love PEELING.

Nice shots all round:smashin:

'Explore' is the top 500 images uploaded on a particular day on Flickr. Nobody knows what algorithms they use to ascertain which images get into that top 500 but it's known as 'interestingness'

See here for more.

Hey steve,well done.

Ive had a few on explore now and just wondered, do you know how to find out which of your pics have been on there.Ive noticed that some people make a set or some kind of montage.I wouldnt mind doing something like that.

Ive only bothered to take note of this as an achievement in the last week or so.
Thousands of images are uploaded each day:eek: so to make the top 500 is a big deal right?.:)

Steve - some absolutely stunning images there. The last one is my fave, but they are all great. I love your minimalist style, it is great.

It is amazing to think that these shots were taken by the same guy who once was ridiculed on these forums for posting a photo of a dripping tap!! The increase in quality from then to now is amazing.

Hey steve,well done.

Ive had a few on explore now and just wondered, do you know how to find out which of your pics have been on there.Ive noticed that some people make a set or some kind of montage.I wouldnt mind doing something like that.

Ive only bothered to take note of this as an achievement in the last week or so.
Thousands of images are uploaded each day:eek: so to make the top 500 is a big deal right?.:)

To find out which of your photos are in Explore you need to use Scout. This will bring up a list of your photos that are in Explore. To make a montage of those images, click on "Make a poster out of these images", follow the instructions, upload the resulting montage to flickr and jobsagoodun.

EDIT. And yes, it is pretty impressive to get into Explore. I would imagine that 10,000s of images are uploaded each day so to make the top 500 is pretty good going.

EDIT. And yes, it is pretty impressive to get into Explore. I would imagine that 10,000s of images are uploaded each day so to make the top 500 is pretty good going.

And yet today, it's disappeared out of Explore :confused: :D

The joys of Flickr eh!

If you look at the latest photos added on Flickr there is a count which I have seen as high as 3000+ added in the last minute :eek:

Apparently steve,its never fixed in explore.they can drop in and out of explore daily.I used the scout software last night and it only found the pictures that were in explore at that given time.This morning I did it again and one of the pictures has changed.

See Here

I knew they were never fixed but that shot went in at 114, my highest ever ranking on Explore and promptly dropped out the next day.

It's really strange because these two images are rarely out of explore, albeit in position 430+, with relatively few views, comments or favorites :confused:

It's best not to get too hung up about it otherwise it would drive you mad!

MAD I TELL YA!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom