• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Been Offered Iphone for £100, Should I still buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewart28

A friend in work has offered to sell me her Iphone for £100 with all box and contents including a case.

I light of the pending release of the second gen iphone is it still a worthwhile purchase.

I am only intending to jailbreak it and put a pay'n'go sim in it.

Mayhs

if you would like the newer features which are speculated such as greater storage, better camera, 3g, etc. then wait, if not then buy it...

on the sidenote, i would like to buy it because i just put my phone in the washing machine! lol and i need a phone as soon as possible...so i would buy it straight away

stewart28

it is legit, just waiting on her "upgrading her phone"

hutch

Distinguished Member
Buy it and flog it on ebay, make a 100% profit and wait for the 3G model ;)
You wont be making anywhere near 100% profit, you can pick them up brand new for 170 so used your not going to make anywhere near 200 quid for a used iphone now.

Not the kind of "friendly" advice we encourage here thanks :)

rodders87

Standard Member
MOD EDIT

As I said above we do not condone the behavior you are suggesting so stop discussing it. If someone is offering an iphone cheap as what I assume is a favour as she knows him then it wouldnt be very ethical for him to go and sell it on for whatever profit would it.

It wont be discussed here as its not in the spirit of this forum, thanks.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
You wont be making anywhere near 100% profit, you can pick them up brand new for 170 so used your not going to make anywhere near 200 quid for a used iphone now.

You cant get them for £170 new now can you? Thought they were all out of stock now?

jimborae

Hutch, you can get them brand new for £170 can you? Please can you buy one or ten for me, then I'll give you the money straight away. :)

CEX are currently offering £250 for Grade A unlocked iPhones and then they are selling them at £350. Ebay ones are currently going for around £220-260.

So Hutch while I can only guess what the "friendly advice" was that isn't encouraged here, your post doesn't reflect real world situations. You can easily get over £200 for a used iphone in good condition if you're willing to unlock it... And you can't pick up an iPhone for brand new for £170, not anymore, no stock left.

hutch

Distinguished Member
As I have said above someone offering to sell you an iphone for what is a decent price because they know you and then you selling it on for profit is not in the spirit of these forums.

The answer to the OP is that 100 quid is a good price so we will leave this thread there as some people just dont seem to understand what "stop discussing it" means :suicide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom