• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Been at it again this morning.

Paulie-W

Prominent Member
We have this ugly looking cactus that flowers every year, but it flower only lasts one day, so ................

Onion plant thing that looks very Fairy.

All comments welcomed as usual :smashin:

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Nice shots, but to me they seem a bit "washed out" :rolleyes:

Paulie-W

Prominent Member
Nice shots, but to me they seem a bit "washed out" :rolleyes:

They are very very pale in colour anyway. Straight out of the camera. The flower actually is part of a long tube, hence the brightness of the second pic.

And the last one i was on my back shooting straight up (sounds ominous :rolleyes:), pretty flower but unobtainable (for me at the moment).

Paulie-W

Prominent Member
Those are really nice captures. Not too sure about the last one.

Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Yeah the that one is kind of bothering me. Any tips on getting a good shot from the ground up? Its about two ft high but as you can see dangles and all the pretty stuff is inside.

onefivenine

Prominent Member
Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Yeah the that one is kind of bothering me. Any tips on getting a good shot from the ground up? Its about two ft high but as you can see dangles and all the pretty stuff is inside.

I think that sort of shot you could use a flash and end up with a black background, or just underexpose slightly for the background so it doesn't blow out as much. If that makes sense!

jonandjen

Established Member
Hi Paulie. Nice shots. Particularly like the highlights in No.2, and also like the bokeh in shot No.3. Well done.

julian_fraser

Established Member
Lovely shots. as said above, definitely nothing wrong with them but I've found even the best shots
Straight out of the camera
can benefit from the smallest bit of PP...

Farno

Established Member
#2 does it for me, thats a very nice lens you have. I like the fine detail on the stem and the pink colour of some of the petals. If thats straight out the camera very well done. A nice bright contrast to the background.

TarMoo

Prominent Member
#2 with some of that black cropped out from the top would be really stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom