Question Been a while since last tv upgrade. £1.5k budget.

itsmynewname

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at upgrading to 4k. Currently have 55inch Samsung which is still very good but feel if like to.try 4k now.
Seems to be such a minefield as I haven't kept upto date with the latest improvements.
Looking for similar size and something that is not going to be ordered pretty quick.
Will probably get Netflix 4k with the tv so please guys help me out and throw some suggestions as to which tvs are a good buy for my cash.

4K is mainly aimed at big TVs so the main benefit you'll get a 55" is access to the higher quality streams on the TV's built in apps (e.g. 15Mbps Netflix instead of the usual 5Mbps) rather than any picture quality improvements with good source material.

At £1.5k HDR is a realistic possibility though, which offers benefits across the size range - although it does require HDR content and won't bring any benefit for normal TV viewing.

Something like the XE90 would be a good HDR choice in budget.

There are also some of last year's OLEDs available at that price (LG B6 & C6). They aren't quite so good at HDR but are a new screen quality that benefits normal viewing.

Be careful with Samsung they have reliability issues these days. I abandoned them After six years of their smart TV and moved to Panasonic. Don't only read the reviews in magazines look at customer feedback back on amazon and John lewis. There's often a wide gap between the magazines and actual buyers experiences. Many top Samsung models get stunning reviews in magazines but damning reviews from users about reliability

I agree, go off average user scores on websites. I went to Which? to review some TVs when I was considering buying and they hate everything...apart from the Samsung as you said. Plus if you read in to things in too much detail you will always find people having horror experiences with every set and then (if you're like me) you won't be able to make up your mind.

So I'm still looking for a tv and now realise I need to buy one that's uhd premium certified. Any suggestions of which to buy , I'm not interested in 3d at all so haven't bothered with the older curved LG oled that was on offer.

So I'm still looking for a tv and now realise I need to buy one that's uhd premium certified. Any suggestions of which to buy , I'm not interested in 3d at all so haven't bothered with the older curved LG oled that was on offer.
I've gone for this 65" Samsung. I hadn't planned on the 65" model as the larger screens are normally a lot more expensive. The £1149 price with the JULY discount code and the fact it mentions a 5yr Samsung warranty sealed the deal. Samsung UE65KS7500 65" Smart Curved SUHD 4K LED TV

I have reservations about PRC as I've never heard of them, but a quick Google shows they have a big store, and there's plenty of reviews on them about. Only ordered yesterday so don't have it just yet.

I was hoping to find a 55" but these 2016 KS7 range are getting quite difficult to source.

I'm still concerned 65" will be too big, but I guess I get the benefit of 10-bit HDR and being closer to a larger screen means the difference between HD and 4K should be more strikingly obvious.

The best TVs for gaming on PS4 and Xbox | TechRadar

Yes had a read up on the Samsung 7500 after your post. I can also get the lgc6 55 inch for £1480 so am undecided. Anybody like to offer any advice in which of the 2 is the best ?

C6 .....easy one that

I'm biased (cause I have one)but the Panasonic 58dx902 is also worth considering if you can find one

Just read reviews on the panny and it seems a very good tv. So it's one of these 2, eithercthe panny dx902 or the c6. Any other advice or recommendations would be welcome as I'm thinking of buying one or the other tomorrow. I don't care about 3d so will just be sky q, movies and gaming via ps4 and Xbox and I will also be buying the new Xbox on release to use on the tv.

Personally the C6 would be out for me cause it's curved, id prefer the b6

I spent days going over a decision between the b6 and 902

If you are wanting to get into 4k properly and particularly HDR then the 902 is the dogs danglies

I had read in reviews that the viewing angles are limited on the panny? How have you found this?

I had read in reviews that the viewing angles are limited on the panny? How have you found this?
No issues at all

To be fair I'm sat in front of it most the time but when I do go of to my dining table at at 45 degree angle it's fine.

Reflections are more of an issue to be fair but even that I don't find to be an issue

Opted for the lgc6 from richer sounds for £1485 . Arrives midweek .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom