been a day now on with my PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponx_uk2003

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been a day now with PS3, and I have to say theres many downsides to my 360

1) Downloading and then installing demos
2) Playing games but having to install soe of the game first? Could it not all fiton a bluray disc?
3)Odd loud bleep when I turn it on.
4) cant play old PS2 games
5) PS home what the help is it about? can you do anything on there? cant seem to fly planes, wait around for hours to play bowling. Very odd

Rant over

Have to say Graphics are about the same, well on my CRT. Have to judge on VGA when I find a lead. even though fanboys always say their machine has the best graphics.

Good how you can mess with PS3 on your PSP.

Killzone 2

Thats all i have to say :eek:

well pitty theres no demo of it so couldnt say.

2) Playing games but having to install soe of the game first? Could it not all fiton a bluray disc?
5) PS home what the help is it about? can you do anything on there? cant seem to fly planes, wait around for hours to play bowling. Very odd

Rant over

Have to say Graphics are about the same, well on my CRT. Have to judge on VGA when I find a lead. even though fanboys always say their machine has the best graphics.

All i have to say about this post is :rotfl:

So its not for you...Back to the old XBox360 I think:D..Gotta laugh..Love the bit about the BEEP..Very funny

Last edited:
I must say, listing 'Odd loud bleep when I turn it on.' as a downside is one of the more funny/ridiculous negatives of PS3 ownership i've seen recently. I don't know why people have such an issue with both downloading demos and there being an install of some games. There not deal breakers for me, and i barely notice them. I set something to download, generally in a line of a few things and then i do something else. Like browsing the internet.

The lack of ps2 games is valid, although i have a 60 gig. It would be such a good thing to market with at these times. Such added value. I'd also say, if you can, get a HDTV.

Give it some time ;)

Rant over

1. Downloading times are longer
  2. Game installs have moved their way to 360 as well, although not mandatory if you want the benefits then you'll still have to do it. I didn't have to install LBP.
  3. Are you kidding? You're moaning about a beep :boring:
  4. The 360's backwarsd compatibility isn't complete. And if you can spend £300 on a PS3 I'm sure you can spend £50 on a PS2 if you want to play old games so badly.
  5. Another pointless rant imo. Have you ever used a chat room? Chatroom + gamers = a place to chill out and talk about games, oh wait that's what you're doing here :rotfl:

I don't think you have the right to pass judgement on graphics when you aren't comparing the two on HDMI.

Online functions are better on the 360, apart from the stupid NXE which has slowed down the marketplace.

My main upsides to the PS3 are better and free themes, Blu-Ray (best way to watch movies), Bluetooth and built in rechargable battery on the DS3 so no additional costs. Little Big Planet is a game anyone who considers themself a true gamer should have in their collection.

Killzone 2

Thats all i have to say :eek:

I'd wait to see the reviews a sequel of a fairly average game gets first before passing judgement. I'm sure the graphics will POP though :eek:.

:eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::devil::smashin:

Back to Number 3...The beep..AHHHHHHH
Think youself lucky my bleeding microwave makes FIVE yes FIVE loud beeps when its finished...Its drives me, the wife and the dog CRAZY....BEEEP>>>BEEEP>>>BEEP>>>BEEP>>>BEEEPBBEEP...OOPS thats six
so be thankful OP that your PS3 only beeps once...you have no idea what real HELL is....Nurse...Nurse time for my medication....Oh:devil:

There's already been 4/5 reviews for KZ2, all 9 or above. I think it's safe to say it is going to be a top 3 PS3 game

I'd wait to see the reviews a sequel of a fairly average game gets first before passing judgement. I'm sure the graphics will POP though :eek:.

Or you could ask the beta testers who are members here how excellent they think the multi player component is??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Along side the solid 9/10 reviews that it has got across the board............wait........... a pattern seems to be emerging here!

Will give this thread an hour before its locked.

Beep aside this guy has some legitimate points if he is only using it as a games machine on a crt. I love my ps3 but it ain't perfect. OP, hook it up a hd display and get to grips with everything it can do. I'd be suprised if you're still disappointed.

Rant over

kin ell...have a cup of tea and calm down...
1. its free
2. it does, just makes some games quicker to start
3. dont turn a windows laptop on then if that frightens you
4. should have bought an original 60gig
5. Its strange, very strange - try a female avatar, that will really freak you out.

There's already been 4/5 reviews for KZ2, all 9 or above. I think it's safe to say it is going to be a top 3 PS3 game

Or you could ask the beta testers who are members here how excellent they think the multi player component is??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Along side the solid 9/10 reviews that it has got across the board............wait........... a pattern seems to be emerging here!

You can say whatever you want to be honest, I certainly don't get hyped up based on beta testers reviews then come on the internet complaining that I'm disappointed like so many people do these days.

I'll wait for a Gamesradar/GamesMaster review like I always do. All this Metacritic and user based stuff is a load of tosh.

Don't get me wrong the better it is the happier I'll be. I don't pass on a great online FPS. I also don't believe in the word 'hype' :smashin:

You can say whatever you want to be honest, I certainly don't get hyped up based on beta testers reviews then come on the internet complaining that I'm disappointed like so many people do these days.

I'll wait for a Gamesradar/GamesMaster review like I always do. All this Metacritic and user based stuff is a load of tosh.

Don't get me wrong the better it is the happier I'll be. I don't pass on a great online FPS. I also don't believe in the word 'hype' :smashin:

Totally agree...Give it a week after release and there`s every chance the game will be cheaper as well...I never pre-order :smashin:

Worse sites for reviews as well.

No

IGN?
Eurogamer?
gamespot?
gametrailers?

I don't hear any beep if my xbox is on at the same time lol i can't hear the tv if the 360 is on to.

I don't hear any beep if my xbox is on at the same time lol i can't hear the tv if the 360 is on to.

Dont you just love that Hovercraft like drone...Its class:D

god you fan boys dont half go weird.

I will get a VGA cable to link to my monitor, the graphics on my 360 are 1000times better so I know the PS3 ones will to. Just looking for a cheap one or if there is a joint 360/PS3 like the PS3/WII ones I have seen for £25ish on ebay. As switch boxes are always over priced.

I am just saying the beep gets on my t1ts.

Plus I didnt buy it it came with my phone.

Does steam better than my 360 with tversity. So might get rid of my old classic xbox which i use as a video streamer.

Worse sites for reviews as well.

No

IGN?
Eurogamer?
gamespot?
gametrailers?

What do you mean? I said all I trust is Gamesradar/GamesMaster for good accurate reviews. Any score based site which allow 'fanboys' to mark a game 10 before it's even out I wouldn't even give them the priveledge of a hit :rotfl:

That's just my opinion though. My point was Killzone 2 not even being out I don't think was the best example to prove the awesomeness of the PS3 when it could be just as bad as the first.

MGS4 or LBP are better choices in my mind.

What do you mean? I said all I trust is Gamesradar/GamesMaster for good accurate reviews. Any score based site which allow 'fanboys' to mark a game 10 before it's even out I wouldn't even give them the priveledge of a hit :rotfl:

That's just my opinion though. My point was Killzone 2 not even being out I don't think was the best example to prove the awesomeness of the PS3 when it could be just as bad as the first.

MGS4 or LBP are better choices in my mind.

Got MGS on demo download so see whats its like. LBP just doesnt look like a game i would like. May rent it to see.

Bought Haze from Zavvi today which seems alright. But its no GOW...lol only joking GOW isnt that good is it really

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom