Bedroom TV

Londo06

Standard Member
I am looking to replace the TV in our bedroom with a new 4K one.

I currently have a Sky HD box and an upscaling DVD player attached to a Plasma. The TV gets around an a hour or so viewing an evening and I am looking to upgrade from a 3 year old Panasonic 50 inch Plasma that still works fine, to something that gives me a picture that is at least the equal of our downstairs TV.

I am only interested in 4K, but am interested in opinions on things like DVDO as I like to watch stuff that was recorded in 480p and is never going to make it to blu-ray. I am interested in TVs that upscale the best and give me the best all round picture quality. 48-50 inches is the size range I'm after.

I have a top budget of £800 for the TV, and just looking to get some thoughts on which TV to go for as a 4K to view older material, or whether to keep my powder dry and wait for 4K TVs that work for SD old school material.

Londo06

Standard Member
Bump.

Looking for inspiration on something that allows me to still watch old DVDs with a degree of upscaling and gives me the best that the back end of 2015 tech has to offer.

mike7

Distinguished Member
4k sets I have seen look pretty rough with SD material. No way is there going to be a magical transformation with that amount of upscaling going on.

Londo06

Standard Member
Anyone else care to push me away from 4K sets, as recorded 480p material is still something that I will watch, and don't want to buy a 4K TV over something else if it stops me viewing stuff that I wanna watch.

Anyone care to recommend any all round good TVs that don't make 90s TV shows look terrible when viewed on modern TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom