• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bedroom security camera recommendations?

logbru

Novice Member
Ok so I rent a room in a house with 2 other guys that I do not know very well. I met them on Craigslist. I trust them but I have a lot of very expensive computer equipment and other valuables in my room. I also keep all of my food and drinks and alcohol in my room. I am looking for a small security camera that I can place in my room. I want something battery powered with either cloud storage preferably but an SD card wouldn't be the end of the world. Motion activated and am looking for something that I can turn off with a remote or with an app on my phone or something. I want to be able to completely shut it off while I am home and easily turn it on as im walking out the door, to save battery. I've been having trouble finding a good option. There are a lot of $20-$40 cameras on Amazon that seem to fit most of my requirements but I don't want to waste my money on a piece of junk. I don't mind paying a couple hundred dollars if it means I am protecting my thousands of dollars of valuables.

If anybody has any recommendations or experience with a camera that will fit my needs I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you so much! I hope everyone is having a great day!

netsukekoi

Sounds like you need a door lock to stop it happening rather than a camera to prove it has happened and to show who did it and thus to start the recriminations and unpleasantness that will cause...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom