1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bedroom replacement

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MARTIN TURNER, Apr 19, 2004.

1. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my crt tv in the bedroom went bang sat. nite which gives me the ideal opportunity to replace it with a screen hanging on the wall. i will be able to run all the cables thru the wall behind the screen into a wardrobe where the power outlets are but have ltd space for media boxes ,sky boxes etc in the bedroom. i was thinking hitachi but wondered if anybody had any firm views on plasma vs lcd. also being totally useless diy'er anybody have any good ideas about cheapest suppliers and fitters in essex area.thx guys. martin.

2. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi from what i have read if you wont to go 37inch+ then you wont a plasma but if 37 is the top for size the lcd

3. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the room on the wall for 42" but i need an all in one solution picture,sound, etc.i also need to know if i can hide away my sky box in the wardrobe and somehow still use the remote. i have lots of wall space but no shelf room for big silver boxes. ta.

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think the Hitachi has the remote receiver on the panel, which is then routed to the media box. so you could have the media box through in the next room no problem.

There are also a few different ways of piping IR signals - check out the remote forum on here.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    You can pipe IR signals to control kit in another location using IR remote extenders (I just happen to have a few for sale in the classifieds forum :) ).

If you just want to control a Sky box and nothing else then a TV Link will probably be the easiest and neatest solution.

6. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx lads. if thats correct about the hitachi it looks like a deal breaker all i need now is the cheapest price and somebody to install it for me. any volunteers?