Bedroom LCD - what size is best 32" or 37"?

Pogster

Established Member
Reaction score
Will be looking to buy a bedroom lcd soon. I was set to buy a 37" but after having a 26" in my bedroom the last few days (for sd the size is ok but for films a little small), I am now confused what size would be better for a bedroom.

Will be connected to ps3, dvd player

37" if you can fit in your room. As soon as you were to get the 32" delivered, you'd have wished you had gone for the 37" :smashin:

Depends how far away you're going to be watching TV. Bigger is usually regarded as better when it comes to LCDs - but there's no point in burning your retinas with a 37 that's too big. And being up close n' personal with a TV that size may show up PQ flaws with non SD input.

I went for 32" for mine (went from a 28" CRT widescreen) and watch from about 9 feet away. 37" would have been way too big plus I use SD sources.

Tell us your viewing distance and your budget,so I can help you more!!!

The tv would more than likely be situated at the foot of the bed, (standard single bed) however I like the "cinema feel" - i.e the big screen, surround sound to make you feel immersed in the film/game whatever. Thats why i originally was all set on getting a 37", but having a 26" has thrown this into doubt.

Not too sure on budget yet, would be about £800, but I will probably wait for the new 100hz, 1080p sets to come out and buy them when the price has dropped to within my price range.

Because these sets will be more expensive why don't you buy the Samsung LE-37R87 for 600£??Its a very good tv!!!!Or if you want 1080p the Toshiba 37X3030!!!!

It depends on the size of your room. I have a decent sized living room (20ft odd) and a 32 seems massive to me. I wish I'd gone for a 26in.

Because these sets will be more expensive why don't you buy the Samsung LE-37R87 for 600£??Its a very good tv!!!!Or if you want 1080p the Toshiba 37X3030!!!!

I know but i am a bit greedy and want 100hz and 1080p. i am happy to wait for their prices to come down as i am in no rush. However when i am hovering over the buy button the cheaper sets will definitely be looked at once again as i ask the question is xxx lcd realy worth the extra?

Have a feeling i will settle for a 720p 100hz lcd, but we shall see

It depends on the size of your room. I have a decent sized living room (20ft odd) and a 32 seems massive to me. I wish I'd gone for a 26in.

MASSIVE? :eek: Each to there own! haha.

I have a 32" in my bedroom, around 2 foot off the bottom of my bed (double bed) and it is perfect. I went from a 26" LCD and found it to be very comfortable. SD is really nice at this distance, plus DVD's can be watched in the native aspect ratio without looking 'small'.

Also, you will proballys see no difference between a 1080p set and a 1080i set at 37", so I wouldn't let that sway you're decision too much.

I went for the Sony 32D3000 and couldn't be happier! DVDs, SD and Xbox 360 look amazing!

My bedroom is the box room so a 37" will definitely look too big. however i will not remain in this room forever (hoping a sibling will move out soon), so have one eye on the future as well as the present.

@ captain spanky,

i also surf the net on my ps3 (hooked up to lcd) quite often so that is why i thought the 1080p would be better

thank you for your opinion on a 32", will take this into consideration

My room is about 18'x22' and I watch the TV from about 9foot away, its a 37" R88 and its perfect size for movies, but then again for movies it could be a 70" in this room and it would look great. I play my 360 usually from about 2-4feet away, even though its a 37" I like to sit closer as I can see the detail better (obviously) because of the HD resolution.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom