Question Bedroom dab streamer advice.....

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by heavymetalmat, Jun 11, 2018.

1. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    So, my partner is after a dab radio for the bedroom to stream music from her ipad.

We currently have a pure evoke which is great, I'm just wondering what other options you folks would reccomend.
    Looking to spend around 150-200, nice sound, and with wifi as I'm not sure if bluetooth connectivity would work with streaming spotify from her tablet (if anyone knows otherwise, please chip in!)

Thanks in advance guys and gals

2. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
  3. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    These look very interesting, thanks for the heads up! Any background information on them? I've never heard of the company!!

4. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    No sorry, not heard of them myself until last week. They have some very good reviews on Amazon and for less then £60 with 3 year warranty a bit of a bargain.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yeah i was looking through their website and they seem like a lot of bang for your buck (or should that be boom?)

I think i may have to take a punt, and that you kindly for pointing me in their direction

Also.....meow

6. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    Any speaker with 3.5mm input and Chromecast audio will give you what you want - all controlled from any phone/tablet. Allows for a higher quality speaker than most radios have and can be upgraded as funds permit.

7. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
  8. Cornish Dave

Cornish Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    That is a bit more than up to £250! Those Denons are available everywhere with and without speakers so check around for prices. I personally would not have this in a bedroom, do you need a CD player if not have a look at the Ruark R2, I bet she prefers the looks of that. I have one in my bedroom, in my view much better than the equivalent Pure.

9. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I
    looked at the ruark ones they are pretty nice, but she's warmed to the idea of the denon, i spoke to a guy at richer sounds today, off to pick up the denon (£200) and a pair of wharfedale diamond 9s (£50)

10. Cornish Dave

Cornish Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Have you listened to those Wharfedales? I have never heard them but they are from many years ago, I had a pair of 9.1s and that was many years ago, they were good. Mind you at £50 not too much to lose I guess. Hope you enjoy your purchase.

11. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Cheers dave! I haven't listened to the wharfedales no, I've primarily been a kef/mission kinda guy, but your right and share my thoughts, for 50 quid its not to be sniffed at and i get the option to upgrade later down the line,
    Thanks for all the input chaps and I'll update at the weekend with how it all sounds!!

12. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Update:

So i opted to upgrade the speakers to a pair of dali spektor 1's, all in all it came to £315 with speaker cable and a 6 year warranty.
    Much love to richer sounds york, top blokes!
    I really am blown away by the sound, the detail from the little dali's are phenomenal and for the price (£169) are an absolute steal.
    Obviously they need running in a bit but as first impressions go, I'm amazed.
    The denon is a great little unit too but i hadn't counted on it being so deep (oooh matron!)
    As a result, the misses will have to re locate her jewellery box, and rightly so.......

Behold the beast......

20180616_190515.jpg

13. dannnielll

dannnielll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +760
    If you have a router and a internet account, and a tablet, going the internet radio route rather than DAB is a no brainer.
    Any tablet be it apple, android or Windows will have access to an app. Called TuneIn radio which allows you to listen to many thousands of radio stations around the world, catalogued by country or genre ,at in some cases better quality than FM or DAB. The kit needed can be just as simple as a tablet and the app, or casting via Bluetooth or streaming by wi fi to a speaker. The chromecast audio works brilliantly well with it,

14. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I think if I were looking for a Mini system with DAB radio I would have gone for something with Wi-Fi and Apple AirPlay included, such as the Yamaha CRX-N470D (about £240). Internet radio is then possible with direct access and the quality and simplicity of AirPlay would be beneficial.

15. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I already have the rn 500 for internet radio (which i don't use) so for simplicity's sake i went with the denon but thanks for your input

16. Cornish Dave

Cornish Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Did you listen to those cheapy Wharfedales or just decide to upgrade. It's funny I said to myself I bet he does not get those Wharfedales! It amazes me that they are still around after all this time. Glad you are happy with your purchase, at the end of the day you are happy and that is all that matters!

17. heavymetalmat

heavymetalmat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hahaha yeah i never even bothered with the wharfedales! I'm a bugger for always going over budget, with the old "yeah, but if i spend X amount more, look what i could get" mentality.

Also i always pick fault with whatever i buy/choose, it took me 3 years to actually pull the trigger on a new tv! So, a week to choose this is very good for me!

I can honestly say i can't pick any fault with the system and wholeheartedly recommend the speakers and receiver, the clarity is very good.....tried it with a variety of music ranging from radiohead, bowie, arcade fire, the pixies all the way through to nine inch nails, johnny cash, pantera and lamb of god.

Thanks for all the input folks!