Beauty And The Beast (TV Series) Starts Tuesday 6th May!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Those of you who remember ITV in the late 1980's and early 90's, may remember this surreal US fantasy detective drama, loosely based on the classic films of the same name. "Beauty And The Beast" starts a daily weekday repeat run at 1pm and 7pm on Zone Romantica, from Tuesday 6th May! :clap:

The show stars Linda "Terminator" Hamilton as Catherine Chandler, a young woman who is attacked and left for dead in a street crime, and is rescued by the mysterious Vincent (the "Beast" of the show's title) played by Ron Perlman, who takes her to his underground cave to try and save her. She befriends the mysterious creature - part man, part beast - and they form a mystical romance with one another. When she gets better, Catherine starts a new job at the District Attorney's office, but finds Vincent always being nearby whenever she is in danger of some kind. The show is part fantasy, part sci-fi, part legal drama and part romance.

Sadly, the series only lasted 56 episodes (2 full seasons, plus a final half-season), but was much loved when it originally aired. Hopefully, this will be a chance for many too young to see the show on its original airing, to look back on a much missed show. Roy Dotrice, Jay Acovone, and Armin Shimerman also star in the series. :)

Tomorrow is the Pilot Episode "Once Upon A Time In New York". Episodes air weekdays only at 1pm, with a same-day repeat at 7pm. The weekend episodes, are running on a different schedule to the weekday episodes!

Pooch

I used to watch tha show a lot in the past. I think it was on ITV. Never heard of that zone channel though.

I have the US/R1/SD DVDs of S1 and S2 (6 discs each, both in a single amaray case :smashin:)
... they were and are still going for a very good price at DeepDiscount.com:

S1 - www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=7257967
S2 - www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=12071008

both are $22.30 + $5.95 (Shipping & Handling) = $28.25 (~£14.30)
- best online price for both at the moment as far as I can see

S3 isn't yet at a bargain price, its a bit more than the earlier seasons but only a half season, so I'll wait

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom