• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bear with me on this topic!!! Its a little project i want to give a try....

massivedragon

Novice Member
Right a few months back i saw a touchscreen tft on ebay, (i love things with touch screens) so i didn't hesitate to purchase it for £55! Now you'd think that was cheap but it is literally just the screen and a metal back plate. You can see the circuit board and leads coming from the screen. These being a usb plug for the touchscreen part, a vga plug for guess what? and a molex power plug.

Now this was ideal as i thought i'd put this in my cinema room av area (understairs) about chest height in the wall, as a front to control the HTPC so i wouldn't have to start up the projector everytime to change track/album.

As i haven't really started on building up the area for all the av equipment (its just on a little side table from ikea) its been sitting in the spare room collecting dust.

Now to the point i'm trying to get across and what i hope you may be able to give me advice on.

I've seen that you can now get a 'wireless' usb hub :D.
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=160375
Now this got me thinking of having a wireless touchscreen display that i can place anywhere around the house. After of course building up a good surround on the tft and hiding all the cables bar the power cable. Perhaps making it look more like a picture framed styled device.

Do you think then that getting the above said hub, a VGA TO USB dongle and a 12 volt power source i could get it all to work using the wireless hub? Now i know that there's a limit on the screen res i'm happy at either 1280x768 or 1024x768. But does anyone here think it will work?

Thanks for your time a patience.

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom