Bean to Cup Coffee Machine?

If you phone DeLonghi customer service 02392 392333 they should send one out to you for free as they did for me. The part simply pushes in to the top end of the milk tube.

Anyone else spoken to DeLonghi about the part yet?

Anyone else spoken to DeLonghi about the part yet?

I couldn't get any sense out of the girl who answered the phone. She was unaware of any such accessory. I gave her the details and she eventually agreed there was such a thing. But she said there was none available in the UK as it was not a UK specified item. I asked to talk to her supervisor and was put on hold. 10 minutes later I hung up.

I then emailed the person who had previously contacted me asking about the accessory.

This was the reply.

The latte accessories are not included with UK machines but if you feel your coffee is too cool once purchased we can order one. It is currently out of stock with the supplier as it is not a UK product, so may take around 4 weeks to arrive. We are unable to order one preemptively however, and I am still confident you will not have a problem. Alternatively, as previously suggested, use the traditional frother whereby you have full control on the temperature of the milk.

So I've given up with the accessory. My routine now is to simply make the coffee in the normal way and then zap it the microwave for 30 seconds. This gives me coffee at an ideal temperature for my taste.

Apart from the slightly low temperature, I really like my new machine, and I'm really getting into the coffee it makes. I only drink decaf, and I've tried a couple of different decaf beans, both of which taste really good to me. So I think I'll just keep buying different beans until I think I've found the best decaf beans I can get.

Talking to Delonghi is like talking to plank of wood, so I'm not going to waste any more time on it.

For what it's worth, when I have contacted Bosch for clarification on the finer points of operating my VeroCafe they have responded informatively within a day.

Both the coffee and milk temperature on my VeroCafe is consistently hot. Although the thermometer that came with my Dualit Barista Coffee Kit only provides a pictorial representation of the optimal 'steam' temperature, in using this gauge, the milk is always hot.

So far, Taylor's Rich Italian coffee beans (strength 4) are sublime - with a hint of chocolate and praline. I can sense an addiction developing.

One thing is for sure, from what others have reported, I'm so grateful that I didn't buy a machine with an integral milk carafe as I had originally planned.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, when I have contacted Bosch for clarification on the finer points of operating my VeroCafe they have responded informatively within a day.

Both the coffee and milk temperature on my VeroCafe is consistently hot. Although the thermometer that came with my Dualit Barista Coffee Kit only provides a pictorial representation of the optimal 'steam' temperature, in using this gauge, the milk is always hot.

So far, Taylor's Rich Italian coffee beans (strength 4) are sublime - with a hint of chocolate and praline. I can sense an addiction developing.

One thing is for sure, from what others have reported, I'm so grateful that I didn't buy a machine with an integral milk carafe as I had originally planned.

Glad to hear your machine is working out for you.

I'm not too bothered about the milk temperature. I only have one cup of Cafelatte per day, so a few seconds in the microwave are not really much of an inconvenience. The black coffee I get from my machine is almost hot enough, so it only takes 20/30 seconds in the microwave to heat it up a bit without destroying the coffee.

So apart from these minor inconveniences, I'm really quite happy with my new machine. Delonghi on the other hand have been about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

DeLonghi UK are a bunch of lying imbeciles! Personally I wouldn't want to microwave my coffee but if you're happy doing it then that's problem solved I guess. I just can't understand DeLonghi's mentality and attitude towards the problem - they have a simple solution at their fingertips, a part which they already produce, costs barely 1p to produce I should imagine - yet they refuse to acknowledge there is even a problem!?! Reading an Australian website I stumble upon ozzies talking about how they contacted DeLonghi AU and they immediately send out this part to rectify the problem!

FWIW, Tesco are currently selling 227g Starbucks Espresso beans for £2.99.

However, I only discovered them at a Tesco that I don't ordinarily visit in Birmingham.

Like Costa, I previouly believed that Starbucks only sold ground coffee.

Has anyone got any recommendations for online coffee retailers for ground or bean coffee. I love flavoured coffee and could do with a few pointers.

Has anyone got any recommendations for online coffee retailers for ground or bean coffee. I love flavoured coffee and could do with a few pointers.

Most bean to coffee manufacturers advise avoiding using flavoured coffees as the coating can be slightly sticky and clog up. I would be interested if anyone uses them on a regular basis.

My new machine arrived this morning. I had been told by John Lewis it would be delivered tomorrow, Wednesday, so it was only luck I was in to receive it.

Unfortunately the machine arrived before the beans I ordered online from Amazon, so I had nothing to test the machine out with. Went down to the local supermarket to see what they had. Not much really. I bought a couple of small bags of beans - from Taylor's of Harrogate. I also picked up a tin of Illy ground decaffeinated coffee.

Setup was fairly straight forward. The usual stuff like language, time, water hardness etc. The test strip they supplied for hardness setting didn't seem to work. There are 4 settings and the test strip is supposed to show 1 or more red squares to indicate which setting is required for my local water. But the strip did not change colour at all, so I just set it to the number 2 setting for now, until I can get another testing kit.

I mainly bought this machine for black coffee, but I tried a couple of the automatic milky drinks buttons to start with. I first tried a Latte, but all I got was milk and the coffee went straight into the grounds hopper as dry grounds. Not sure what I did wrong, but I will have to come back to tha I will be interested to see re

Here's my new machine in action.

Coffee-01_zps524e722d.jpg

A Guinness machine ... Cool

espresso_img.jpg

Hi folks.

Does anyone have the above machine? Cn it produce a double espresso?

Ive become a big fan of Mochas recently. Can the steam wand me used to heat the milk or just stick it in the microwave?

Cheers.

Not 100% sure about the double espresso bit, but in my experience every machine I've owned has done both single and double shots.

You kind of answered your own question for the second part. Steam = hot, so, steam + cold milk = hot milk.

Hope that helps.

espresso_img.jpg

Hi folks.

Does anyone have the above machine? Cn it produce a double espresso?

Ive become a big fan of Mochas recently. Can the steam wand me used to heat the milk or just stick it in the microwave?

Cheers.

That doesn't look like a bean to cup machine.

Not that I'm a fan of automatic machines. In my experience, they are mechanically complicated and often unreliable. The alternate of having a good manual machine and separate grinder is capable of better results and is likely to be much less trouble.

Hey Guys, some great comments on here re this pesky cold coffee/milk issue. I have been running with an old built in coffee brew machine with old steam wand. I wanted to update because the steam tank was getting inefficient, I had to stand in front of the old machine holding the steam button in for 5 mins at a time for each cup. So short of it is, I upgraded to a Bosch TCC78K750. It's a nice machine, however no steam wand but new fancy "frother". The new machine has every feature I want except I don't want lukewarm milk! So my research brought me to your thread. Take a look at what Bosh say here Milk for automatic coffee machine with milk frother. In short they are saying use UHT milk at room temperature. Well for the sheer hell of doing what I'm told I did this, and loe and behold the drink turned out HOT! Now the taste of the UHT milk killed the taste of the Coffee, but hey I then thought, put normal milk in microwave for 20 seconds, because its straight from fridge at 1deg. This raised the milk temperature to 10deg and I can then feed the new frother with warm milk and not have to put a fresh brewed coffee in the microwave. All is well with my Coffee world. If I want a regular coffee with no milk, the the machine is able to deliver this. I hope all that helps someone!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom