Beamax tab tensioned screen and 10550 remote trigger

Per156GTA

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on here using one of the Beamax 10550 remote triggers?

If so coudl they please guide me? I am having a major headache with mine. When I switch the projectors on - a Panasonic PT-AE2000, the screen does not come down, but when I switch the PJ off, it does come down

The instructions on the remote trigger are to hold the reciever module button down for about 5 seconds and when the green light starts to flash, to press the button on your remote that you want to use to operate the screen and hold till the green light goes out.

I have done this, repeatedly, and repeatedly and the same happens - the screen only comes down when the PJ is turned off.

It isn't wrongly wired either as the connections are colour coded - black to black, blue to blue, brown to brown and purple to purple, so god alone knows why the system works in reverse - its certainly a pain in the butt to have to drop the screen by manually pushing th ebuttin on the reveiver module.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Per

Why not use the learning function on your AE2000 remote to learn the up and down IR commands and asign them to the channel up/down buttons as I have? I have a Greywolf II screen, but the principle should be the same.

Cheers - I will try that. I wanted to get it working properly first though before getting on to setting up the Harmony 895.

How did you set your remote screen drop up, or did you go straight to the learn functionon the pana's remote?

Cheers

Per

Most likely the wires are the wrong way around probably in the trigger cable itself. Or you have crossed over the two positives going from the screen motor to the trigger box (one +ve for raise, the other +ve for lower, shared -ve and earth)

Cheers - I will try that. I wanted to get it working properly first though before getting on to setting up the Harmony 895.

How did you set your remote screen drop up, or did you go straight to the learn functionon the pana's remote?

Cheers

Per

I used the IR remote from my screen to 'teach' the Panny remote, not sure if you have a separate remote with your screen though?

Most likely the wires are the wrong way around probably in the trigger cable itself. Or you have crossed over the two positives going from the screen motor to the trigger box (one +ve for raise, the other +ve for lower, shared -ve and earth)

I will check, but I'd be surprised as the wires are colour coded. I seem to have had some luck though with the PJ remote. I used the learing function, and even though it came up with error, when I pressed SLEEP on the remote the screen came down part of the way. Press sleep again and it came down fully.

Another odd thing is that occasionally when using the Sky remote, it has triggered the scree to drop!

A few things to look into.

Cheers

Per

I used the IR remote from my screen to 'teach' the Panny remote, not sure if you have a separate remote with your screen though?

No, no remote with the 12v trigger, although one is available, but no point in that I will eventually be using the Harmony 895 to do the lot, so no need to get another remote!

Cheers

Per

I think I'm a bit confused. Are you saying you have programmed a remote to beam the Beamax IR code at the screen as well as using the power lead IR sender attached to the projector??? There is no discrete UP and DOWN codes for this system. So you could have the projector side of things beaming out the code and then the remote beaming the code back out again. Then when you shut the projector down it beams the code once more (expecting the screen to be down and thus sending it back up again) but since your remote has also sent the code you are in the up position already and so the projector is sending it back down again!!! Make sense??

Short story long you just want the IR dongle attached to the projector to do the raising and lowering. If you wanted to use a Harmony to do it *instead* then you should really have gone with the regular IR remote control which has discrete codes for UP and DOWN and so wouldn't get caught out of sync if your macro missed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom