Beamax Electric M Series Problem.......

Drex

Established Member
Reaction score
Just installing my M-series screen and trying to get the electrics part of it working.

The screen came with a basic up\down switch box,but i decided to buy the Beamax 10622 IR kit instead.

The problem is,i seem to have it all wired up correctly,but ntohing seems to be working.

I have a green and red light which are lit up on the controller box,but when i press the up or down button there is just a clicking sound but nothing happens with the screen ?

Are both these lights meant to be lit up ?.......Is my wiring correct ?

Is the screen locked in place some how ?

Hi

I installed an in ceiling Beamax a few weeks back. It might be similar.

I have a 10553 remote package. The receiver unit has connections for the mains power (l)live,(n)phase and (e)earth and a 4 connection block for the cable to the screen (l) Motor up/down, (r) motor down/up,e)earth,(n) motor phase.

My unit is out is sight above the ceiling but I'm pretty sure both lights show at the same time, one flickers when you press the remote I think.

You have to tune your remote to work with the box by pressing and holding the sw5 on my unit until the light flashes and then press the up button on the remote, to delete the remote you press down button. Also there is a switch in my unit that changes the direction of the control, my unit was going down when I pressed up and vice versa so was just clicking when I pressed down as it was really trying to go up.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I hope you get this sorted. I've been thinking about treating myself to the IR upgrade for my Beamax as the switch is highly visible and a stretch for my short self to reach. :D

I'm wondering if the click you hear is because the limit switch is engaged (for fully up) and that you are trying to send it 'up'.....thinking about it though, I'm sure you'll have tried the other button.

I've followed the wire instructions exactly as the diagram.....

Please could you confirm if this is correct ?

Motor Cord :

N = Blue
E = Yellow\Green
R = Brown
L = Black

Mains cord :

E = Yellow\Green
N = Blue
L = Brown

On the motor cord,is the Brown & Black round the right way ?

N = Blue
E = Yellow\Green
R = Brown
L = Black
I'm thinking it's the other way round for R & L? I would need to go check.

I changed these 2 wire round the other way,and when i pressed the up button,the screen came down,but when i pressed the down button the screen didnt go back up.

So i swapped the 2 wire round again,and when i pressed up,the screen went up,but when i pressed down,nothing happened.

Seems to me that when i swap the wires in both scenarios,each time the down button doesn't do anything ?

Having now seen the screen go up and down,i think it rules out the problem being with the screen,and points towards the controller box.

I did get another up\down switch box with the screen but am unsure how to wire this one up ?

Could it be that the either R = Black L = Brown wire isn't connected correctly on the screen itself?

Well,these are both brand new products,and I think one is faulty,but which one i don't know ?

Did you find a resolution to your problem?

Well,these are both brand new products,and I think one is faulty,but which one i don't know ?

So remove the remote control box and wire in the normal switch and check if the screen works. The screen electrics are exceedingly simple - one neutral connection, one switched live for up and one for down, each of which goes via its respective limit switch. Very little to go wrong - just make sure you don't make both up and down inputs live at the same time - which if you use a single pole double throw switch (two-way in sparky-speak) is not possible

Last edited:
Did you find a resolution to your problem?

I sent the controler box back for a replacement,as i thought it was faulty.

Will let you know when the new one arrives.

So remove the remote control box and wire in the normal switch and check if the screen works. The screen electrics are exceedingly simple - one neutral connection, one switched live for up and one for down, each of which goes via its respective limit switch. Very little to go wrong - just make sure you don't make both up and down inputs live at the same time - which if you use a single pole double throw switch (two-way in sparky-speak) is not possible

I would have wired in the the one that came with the screen,but unfortunately i couldnt make head nor tail of the wiring diagram.

Received the replacement IR controller box,and all is working fine :smashin:

Thanks for everyone's help.........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom