Beamax A-Velvet Question?

G

gds

Just a quickie..... Could owners of A-Velvet fixed frame screens confirm the Frame Width for me please.

Thanks

G

p.s And while im on the subject,How do you owners of said screens find the Light absorbing properties of the velvet covering,just trying to decide if its worth the effort trying to neatly cover the std A frame screen with Devore or stick with the A Velvet version.

From Kent Home Cinema website:

The frame is 6 cm wide for sizes up to 240 cm wide, but 8 cm for all larger sizes.

From Kent Home Cinema website:

The frame is 6 cm wide for sizes up to 240 cm wide, but 8 cm for all larger sizes.

Looking at the various websites there seems to be a variance in specs,so from a lack of trust standpoint an actual physical measurement would be more accurate.
Mr.TG, did i read another one of your posts saying you have just purchased an A Velvet 10564 184x103,if so would you be so kind as to measure the frame width please,as thats the model i am looking at.

Also how do you find the light absorbing performance of the velvet frame?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the Beamax in particular but the fixed screen I recently purchased from "avpartsmaster.net" had a very deep black velvet surround. It was even deeper than the black cotton velvet I purchased for the wall and about the same as the sample of Devore I got from Whaleys.

Here's the link:-

Fixed Frame 16:9 Ratio : AV Partsmaster

I don't know about the Beamax in particular but the fixed screen I recently purchased from "avpartsmaster.net" had a very deep black velvet surround. It was even deeper than the black cotton velvet I purchased for the wall and about the same as the sample of Devore I got from Whaleys.

Here's the link:-

Fixed Frame 16:9 Ratio : AV Partsmaster

They look a pretty good price. How did the screen suit the 750?

Last edited:
Mr.TG, did i read another one of your posts saying you have just purchased an A Velvet 10564 184x103,if so would you be so kind as to measure the frame width please,as thats the model i am looking at.

Yes, I have the 10564 and have just measured the frame as 8cm (so you are correct to doubt the websites!).

The screen is excellent with my JVC HD750 and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:

Yes, I have the 10564 and have just measured the frame as 8cm (so you are correct to doubt the websites!).

The screen is excellent with my JVC HD750 and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:

Thank You TG,Much appreciated.

Now all i have to do is decide which to choose between this and the Carada.

GDS, as a matter of interest which screen did you pick? the Beamax A velvet or the Carada Criterion ? I am facing the same dilemma currently.

Hi TG, I'm looking at possibly buying this screen however, so with the frame does that mean that the total width is 2 metres then?

If so it won't fit my wall damn.:mad:

Hi TG, I'm looking at possibly buying this screen however, so with the frame does that mean that the total width is 2 metres then?

If so it won't fit my wall damn.:mad:

I've just measured it at 5mm over 2 metres across the top. :(

However, I believe Beamax will do a custom size if you wish. :clap:

I've just measured it at 5mm over 2 metres across the top. :(

However, I believe Beamax will do a custom size if you wish. :clap:

Thanks TG that's really good of you.:smashin:

Yeah not going to fit as my wall is 197cm across, ill drop Beamax an email for a quote.:)

I could change the room around and get an even larger screen on the other wall but that would involve a lot of work as all my AV kit is nicely cabled and recessed in an alcove.

Last edited:
Not sure, but I think they'll just charge the next standard size up, so a slightly smaller one won't actually cost anymore than a normal 10564.

Probably take a bit longer to get one, though, if it has to be specially made.

Good luck. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom