1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beamax A series 220x130 matte white screen wrinkles

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Dec 8, 2004.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    I have had my screen on the wall for a week now.There still seems to be the same amount of slight wrinkles in the screen as when I bought it.Very noticeable if looking at the screen from an angle.Also noticeable on some viewed material especially on vertical lines. Beamax who are very helpful have offered to replace the screen but as it is not actually damaged I wonder if a replacement would cure this problem.What period have other owners allowed for the wrinkles to dissappear? or have they simply had the screen replaced without any further problems appearing.
    Charles

2. linnite

linnite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I had my screen and the wrinkles had gone by the end of the week specified. Sorry if this is not much help. I assume that the screen is assembled correctly so that there is tension in the screen material?

3. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Mine never had any wrinkles to start with, at least that I could see. It was perfectly smooth from day 1. I'd give it another week and if it's still bothering you take up there offer of a replacement.

BTW, I second your comment on Beamax, they are very helpful.

4. moviemike

moviemike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was fine from day one. To be honest the only problem I have with my beamax A series screen is that the frame is quite reflective I wish it were more absorbent to give me a cleaner/sharper edge to my images.

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,019
    You could try covering the frame with felt, or get some of the black tape that does a similar job from Nexnix.

Gary.