1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be Gentle... Home Cinema Pics

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jenz, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,195
    Jenz,
    You have me very envious,and i have no doubt i'll be parting with cash for a 2nd hand Barco.Seeing your pics just make me want to get started on my own Cinema room.

Excellent set up, good luck with completing the job,it looks the business!!

3. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Nice one!
    Looks like you've got yourself a bargain.

As someone who is looking into the second hand crt market myself I was pleased to see that the Barco looked a bit smaller than I had feared. The mounting bracket wasn't the prettiest thing though [​IMG]

I presume that you are really happy with you HCPC and that you prefer it to your 725.

I could look into this route but not with a dedicated PC - more just an upgrade of our existing (my wife's businesss) PC.

It would have to stay in a different room, though. I'd have to go upstairs to change discs (is this the only thing I'd have to do?).

How do you find the noise of the Barco?

Great system - I hope to have something similar very soon.

Alex

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alex, Noise wise the Projector is a little louder than I am used to obviously. But we have found that you filter it out very quickly.

A decent by product of having such a huge screen is that the Wife now allows bigger,louder audio to go with it [​IMG]

HTPC isn't for everyone. I do not want to give the impression that the Sony 725 via Component is not stunning because it is. But the HTPC improves DVD more and in addition allows all the other sources. I would probably go for an Iscan Pro or The Rock if I was not using an HTPC.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

5. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Very Very nice setup. I have made my mind up to go with a CRT. I have expressed an interest in buying a Barco the same as yours and hopefully I will own one soon.
    One question I have is how far from the screen is the front of the projector for that size of picture.
    thanks

6. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure of the exact distance. I think it is around 9ft. It is closer than I expected.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com