Be aware Sony 55XE9305 issues

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by igino, Oct 7, 2017.

1. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I decided to write about issues I had with Sony TVs.

My original tv was KDL49 which I bought from John Lewis. It went wrong within 2 years at which point JL sent it back to Sony and gave me money back. I bought another which I though was better model 55XD9306 which turned up with cluster of dead pixels within couple of hours of opening the box. Again JL replaced it right the way. Within 5 months something burned inside the Tv and it had to go back to Sony. Sony offered to replace it with 55XE9305 model as they didn’t have my model anymore. I thought, bargain. O was I wrong. It turned up with dead pixels and this strange bubbling under the screen. So I send that one back. Second one turned up with dead pixels and nail deep scratch in the middle of the screen. At this point it clicked and I realised they sending me refurbished TVs. At this point I fired email to Sony. They responded and we agreed that they will send me a new one. New one turned up month later (it was lost for a week), when it turned up and I took it out of the packaging there was this dirty like line going from left to right on the top of the screen and going from left corner all the way down. I’ll post pictures as well. I was well pissed off now. So whilst waiting for a money back (they give uplift credit to JL) the tv blew up (again something burned inside) and it’s currently upstairs waiting to be picked up. I will never buy Sony ever again. Their customer service is horrible.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,371
    Sounds like you should have bought those clothes pegs off that old lady on your doorstep..

3. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,371
  5. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    That is nightmare mate. To be honest I have always been Sony tv owner and to me they have never broken down, I think you shouldn’t give up on Sony as not just good quality hardware but good picture quality so please bear that in mind. I think you need to go in shop as to me it sound like they just kept sending refurbished ones.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  6. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To be honest after this many I think I am done. Will be getting LG OLED simply because it’s different technology. I agree, Sony’s use to be good but not anymore I think and their customer service is absolute nightmare.

7. fayeanddavid

fayeanddavid
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,031
    Very surprising imho

8. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Boom! and after 6 hours I have whittled my list down to a few models and then read this post. Sorry to hear of your bad luck and thanks for sharing.

9. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    There is always going to be an exception to the rule. You do not generally see loads of people who are perfectly happy with their screens posting threads saying so.

I wouldn't base my short list on the experiances of one person.

10. sammy20v

sammy20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Agreed. It really is an exceptional TV. It has a few typical LCD issues but its still the best TV I have owned so far.

11. marcd5123

marcd5123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi I recently this year in fact also had a Sony Android TV 43X8307C and had the worst ever customer experience with Sony .after owning many Sony products over the years I'm never buying another Sony product alone .their software updates for their TV are just dreddfull @[email protected]@ .

I also brought from John Lewis Oxford Street but John Lewis gave 210% quality customer service and gave me good will gesture £75 towards any other TV so i cut my losses with Sony as they also sent me a refurbished model I was totally pissed off they never told me so a very proud owner of a new LG 49SJ800V and never looking back

12. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ]Hawklord, I can’t really call this exception as I had 6 TV replacements and 3 of those were XE9305 models, all with the same issues. I got my 55OLEDB7V LG and it’s awesome. When it got delivered by John Lewis I spoke to the delivery guy. He said that they picking these TVs up to return (Sony) too often. He said they getting at least three a month and that is just one delivery driver in area. Also I am not trying to put anyone off. Just shared my story and trying to make people aware of issues I had. It took me 6 months to resolve.

13. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I had too, good experience with John Lewis. They were nothing but helpful even tho it was Sony’s fault. Sony’s customer service was just horrible.

14. igino

igino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No problem. Just be careful even if you buy one. Make sure you go on YouTube and search for white screen to check for dead pixels. Also check for glue like smudges under the screen which you can see under the light and its usually where LED strips are. When you buy it from John Lewis they will replace it with new one within 30 days. After that you are against Sony. If they will send you replacement make sure it’s not “refurbished”. Check for scratches as I had one with nail deep scratches in the middle of screen plus dead pixels plus smudges on all three replacements. Good luck

Attached Files:

15. ATMS

ATMS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Within less than 2 years My Sony KD-55XE9305 went black screen on Saturday whilst watching and will not power on, purchased from RicherSounds and it came with 6 years warranty; contacted RicherSounds on Monday and I was told to call Sony support, as Monday was a bank holiday so called Sony support on Tuesday and was told a service engineer will call within 4 hours. Received the call and was asked to provide receipt and pic of the model and serial number from the back of the TV. Service engineer said the TV needs to be collected and repair done at their Workshop (this is where I lose my faith in the system as there is no guarantee the TV will be looked after whilst under the care of the service engineer). I am waiting for the TV to be collected tomorrow, I will update you as things progress.

I have always been a Sony customer for Mobile phones, HiFi, TV and AV Receiver; as I used to think Sony products are solid.

But a £1700 worth TV to fail in less than 2 years is leading to show that Sony products are no longer reliable.

16. LCDseeker

LCDseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +919
    Any technology can fail at any time. That said I do think Sony's build quality is getting worse, but then again they are packing more technology into thinner screens so I suppose it comes with the territory now. I've had two replacement sets in the last three years due to "bugs" crawling into the panel. I have to say that Sony have always been excellent but luckily my sets have always retained a picture so I've not been without a set which always helps. I hope they fix yours because obviously they don't make the XE anymore and it was/is an awesome set.