Be A Pro thread

oasismark

Distinguished Member
As Manager mode is well and truly messed up, i thought i'd try Be A Pro mode with my created player.

I tried it last year but didn't get on with it, but i switched the camera to the normal 'tele' mode, and found it wonderful!

Its a great sense of teamwork when you supply the pass for a goal!

Even just winning the ball back for the team feels great! (maybe i'm easily pleased)

Positioning is hard as i'm midfield, and i seam to be tired out easily cos i'm trying to get into position.

Nice footwork:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9twt312U9I

Last edited:

Therage79

+1

I like the way you need to complete achievement/accomplishment things to level up, rather than getting points for each game that you can allocate wherever you wish.

I've just had my England call up (well reserves)...a real sense of achievement!)

One annoying thing though was intially despite my player being a tall CM type player...the Arsenal reserves keep playing me on the wing!! I lost a few postioning point I can tell you lol!

Good laugh though!

Let me know if you fancy an online BAP game?

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I can imagine an England call up is a reet buzz, must keep playing till i get that!

What England games do you get to play? Is it just friendlies or right up to a World cup?

Not used my code yet to boost my stats, i don't like the fact that you can pay with MS points to boost your player, would be the equivalent of using drugs!

8 month ban! lol

Unlocked long sleeves and untucked shirt last night so now i can look like the immortal Chrissy Waddle!

Last edited:
I've started this up for the same reason as you. I don't want to be playing through manager mode only to have it ruined due to the bugs in it. I've played about 5 or 6 games for the Exeter City reserves and I'm the star player. It'll be a while before I get my England call up I think ;-)

I quite like the levelling up too, though I worry that I'll have to change my play style at times just in order to get some of the accomplishments.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Do you ever get subbed of by the manager in this mode or do you have to request it?

Everytime theres the subs pause i wonder if i'm being subbed?

I picked up an injury one game, and waited to be subbed but i wasn't, then later in the game i noticed the 'Request sub' button, but i'd ran off my injury by then?

Therage79

Not sure, though I did get sent off last night!!:oops:

It just simmed the rest of the game and made us concede (1-1). Also got a headline questioning my temperment!! But hey, all the quality players have a mean strak, right? lol

It didnt take me long to get an England call up, prob 10 games, but I am playing with Arsenal, and only on semi pro (knocked it down from Pro, as my team mates werent good enough to get the ball initially).

I used the code initially as I have joined the AVF club and didnt want to be rubbish when everyone else had 85+ players, but when I started the offline BAP seasons, I was back down to 65 ish anyway. Im not sure if the code runs out or something.

Im not sure how far the internationa season goes as I've only done half a season approx.

Enjoy

STANNY08

Posting this from phone so not sure what punctuation and formatting will turn out like. I apologise in advance.
I finished my first season of be a pro on moday night. Really enjoying the mode despite a few niggles. Started as a central midfielder at Leeds. Played about 7 or 8 reserve games before getting into the first team. Stamina was also a problem for me until I learned to stop running around like a lunatic. After about another 8 successful first team games I was called up to the England reserves, a bit too soon and easy for my liking, but enjoyed it anyway. Think I scored about 11 goals in my first season for Leeds and got quite a few assists, also finished an average rating in the high 8's. I missed 3 games after being taken off injured. I was called up to 2 England first team games, one against Scotland, in which I was injured and taken off after about 10 mins, gutted! Towards the end of the season I was given the Leeds captaincy. We finished top of the league 11 points clear with a massive goal difference. I then recieved offers from about 8 clubs ranging from 1 star teams to Barcelona, I chose to stay put and this then made me a fans favourite and unlocked the fans favourite trait. The niggles I have with the game are as I posted in the fifa thread. Firstly every game my manager sets me an objective of scoring 1 or 2 goals, im a midfielder, scoring goals aint the main part of my game, and chasing these goals makes the rest of my game suffer. There are a couple more but I gotta get back to work now.

Last edited:

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I have started in the first team, dont know why that is, maube as a set my virtual pro as first team player.

So you did get subbed if you were injured, but not just for playing crap?

My first few games i was awful, but learned to not chase the ball, and play my position and im doing better. I have same problem as i'm midfield but am asked to score 2 goals a game!, should be 2 goal assists for a midfielder shurely

STANNY08

I have started in the first team, dont know why that is, maube as a set my virtual pro as first team player.

So you did get subbed if you were injured, but not just for playing crap?

My first few games i was awful, but learned to not chase the ball, and play my position and im doing better. I have same problem as i'm midfield but am asked to score 2 goals a game!, should be 2 goal assists for a midfielder shurely
Perhaps when you started your Be A Pro Season your player was already good enough to be selected for the team. When I started my player rating was very similar to the rest of the squads and didnt stand out as a good player, hence why i had to earn the first team spot.

Yeah, I was injured quite a few times during the season, but ran them off normally. Twice the injury must have been serious enough to be taken off. The first time was playing for Leeds, and after which I had to sit out 3 games, the other against Scotland for England first team and only had to sit out the rest of that match. I was never substituted for being rubbish, but i never had any really bad games so not sure whether it is possible or not.

So after the ease of getting into England squad, and being told to score 1 or 2 goals every game the other niggle i have with the game specifically this mode is, when pressing a to skip replays or cut scenes it also registers as your player calling for the ball, this causes you to lose points.

Other than that im really enjoying it and it is the mode i play most.

Also I have been set my objectives for the new season, bearing in mind my first season was for Leeds in league 1 and i got a season average rating in the high 8s, we were promoted so the next season will be in the championship so probably harder, but i have been set the objective of achieving a season average rating of over 9. Not likely is it?

Last edited:

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I redeemed the code last night for a player boost, it says it only lasts 5 games, dint make any difference to me.

2 more goals from last night:

Timed my run perfectly and blasted it home.

YouTube - Through on goal

Was only slightly involved in this, but nice volly finish

YouTube - Tudders Volly

croutledge

I've been playing the Be a Pro. Started with liverpool in the reserves and managed to be the star player after only a handful of games. Then played for the first team against Chelsea and then received my England reserve team call up. Played the full game and drew with Spain.

I was then made the LFC Reserve Team Captain. Pretty sure i've only played about 10 games.

I agree with the goals per game. I set my player as a midfielder (mostly right footed) and i'm struggling to score that many goals. In the reserves they always play me left wing as well..strange. I've also been struggling to always get into the position it thinks i should be in. One min i'm on the edge of my penalty box and then it wants me next to my CF...no chance...so point deducted.

I've left the camera on the Pro setting but can sometimes get a bit much as it pans around or zooms in. Mate recommended the Tele view but i struggled to see my player when the play was down the right and so couldn't see the suggested position arrows. Also how do you see the position the manager expects you to play. I think it might show it at the start of the game but i just quickly hit A or start to skip to the game. But during a game i've noticed that i might get moved more in to the centre but can't see this displayed any where.

Other than that it seems pretty good. Just need to build my player up i guess. Does seem a while since i received any increase in points though.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I discovered tha by pressing the 'back' button, the camera will switch between focusing on the ball or your player.

I have it focusing on my player, as i cant see where i am if its focusing on the ball and i;'m the other side of teh pitch.

STANNY08

I discovered tha by pressing the 'back' button, the camera will switch between focusing on the ball or your player.

I have it focusing on my player, as i cant see where i am if its focusing on the ball and i;'m the other side of teh pitch.
Never knew that, great tip.

jassco

Distinguished Member
I didn't like this mode last season, but thought I'd try it. Really enjoyed my first game, beating Arsenal 1-0 with a late goal. However despite getting man of the match and a write-up in the paper as the difference between the two sides, it went on to record a 1-0 loss for me. Not played it since and probably won't bother again now

Ratinho

Yeah, not had any bugs in this mode at all through 4~ seasons of it so far.

Like others, didn't play much of this mode last year but it's extremely playable now due to the much improved AI. Accomplishments a great idea too, as it removes the player development making your guy amazing in no time and means you actually gain ability in the areas you excel in.

Andy

I've encountered bugs on this mode, I've won games 2-0 and it's shown up in the results as a 2-0 loss, and I've won 1-0 and it's shown as a 1-1 draw.

Really frustrated with the amount of bugs in this game.

piros

Novice Member
Never realised that you cam change the view to tele, how do you do this?
You can do it in game by pausing and going to game settings -> camera settings and changing the 'be a pro' mode to what camera angle you want. Another tip as oasismark mentioned earlier by pressing the 'back' button you can focus the camera on your player which I never knew about and sure it'll help loads now!

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Still enjoying this, got my England reserves call up yesterday.

Playing along side Becks, supplyed a cross for a crouchy header!

I like this vid, cos if the double deflection off 2 defenders, nice ball physics.
(it stops early, but it did go in)

YouTube - Double deflection

hubbins

Standard Member
Hi

Just a quick question.

Can you create more than 1 pro, so that a mate can play Be A Pro on the same xbox at the same time?

Cheers.

dermy

Novice Member
You can do it in game by pausing and going to game settings -> camera settings and changing the 'be a pro' mode to what camera angle you want. Another tip as oasismark mentioned earlier by pressing the 'back' button you can focus the camera on your player which I never knew about and sure it'll help loads now!
Thanks, can you change the view of the arena kick about as well?. Played pro last night with the tele view and enjoyed it miles more.:)

Mandlan

Novice Member
One thing I've found frustrating is how helpless you can be in the face of events in the game. In 2 of my first 5 Be A Pro matches my team (Notts County) had a player sent off in the first half, meaning for the rest of each game my striker barely saw the ball as the oppositon team completely dominated possession and chances etc.

This isn't really a complaint as such because these things happen in real life and the whole point of Be A Pro mode is to experience the game as just one player, for better or worse, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Dave_The_Villa

Novice Member
I really like the virtual pro mode in fifa 10, my one gripe is the unrealistic challenges i have been set for example, after a season at villa i had done well enough to be offered a contract ant inter milan, great i thought. i took it and played as a striker, now i find myself with targets like this for a match, take 10 shots, win by 5 goals when im playing AC milan.

Maybe its me but sometimes its hard to get 5 or 6 shots when you have to reply on the rest of your team playing well and helping to create chances.

Other than that its a lot of fun :smashin: one thing i had wondered is if i have suffered from a glitch or if its poor thinking on EA's part - i played every game i was available for in a whole season and didnt get the achievemnt, the only games that where simmed where the ones i had no choice about cos i was injured - did anyone else have this problem? :confused:

piros

Novice Member
I really like the virtual pro mode in fifa 10, my one gripe is the unrealistic challenges i have been set for example, after a season at villa i had done well enough to be offered a contract ant inter milan, great i thought. i took it and played as a striker, now i find myself with targets like this for a match, take 10 shots, win by 5 goals when im playing AC milan.

Maybe its me but sometimes its hard to get 5 or 6 shots when you have to reply on the rest of your team playing well and helping to create chances.

Other than that its a lot of fun :smashin: one thing i had wondered is if i have suffered from a glitch or if its poor thinking on EA's part - i played every game i was available for in a whole season and didnt get the achievemnt, the only games that where simmed where the ones i had no choice about cos i was injured - did anyone else have this problem? :confused:
Maybe it doesn't count as it was simmed whether you liked it or not, which would be pretty annoying! I haven't loaded it up since I won 2-1 and it jotted it down as a loss for me. It was only game number 2 as well! :( I shouldn't let a silly bug ruin it for me but it's pretty frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published