Ginge75

Novice Member
First of all, let me just get this off my chest. What has happened to Sony products in recent years. We’re talking very poor quality products, full of bugs and seemingly no quality control.
I’ve had the x700 Blu-ray player since last summer, and since then it has occasionally frozen several times during a 4K movie. Causing me to have to switch the machine off and on again, then trawl through the disc menus and chapters to carry on watching. I’ve now finally figured out what the issue is. It’s the players Dolby vision playback. It only ever happens when DV is activated, as opposed to standard HDR10. I’ve just gotten 10 minutes into my schindlers list 25 anniversary disc, with DV on, and my machine froze yet again. But this time it appears to be bricked. I’ve disconnected and reconnected the power supply. The green light comes on, but nothing on screen. This is yet another very poor Sony product, along with my xf900 tv and xf9000 soundbar.

Gavtech

Administrator
Leave it disconnected for a lengthy time period... maybe up to a day. Good luck.

ashenfie

First of all, let me just get this off my chest. What has happened to Sony products in recent years. We’re talking very poor quality products, full of bugs and seemingly no quality control.
I’ve had the x700 Blu-ray player since last summer, and since then it has occasionally frozen several times during a 4K movie. Causing me to have to switch the machine off and on again, then trawl through the disc menus and chapters to carry on watching. I’ve now finally figured out what the issue is. It’s the players Dolby vision playback. It only ever happens when DV is activated, as opposed to standard HDR10. I’ve just gotten 10 minutes into my schindlers list 25 anniversary disc, with DV on, and my machine froze yet again. But this time it appears to be bricked. I’ve disconnected and reconnected the power supply. The green light comes on, but nothing on screen. This is yet another very poor Sony product, along with my xf900 tv and xf9000 soundbar.
In sympathy with all those who lost there lives

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom