• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BDP-S590 hard reset needed?

Soundy106

Established Member
I was trying to get my BDP-S590 to work with my older 3M X65 projector, connecting its HDMI output to the projector's DVI input with appropriate adapter... unfortunately while the projector could see there was a signal there (as evidenced by the lack of "NO SIGNAL DETECTED" display), it only displayed black.

Thinking there may be a resolution mis-match (the projector does accept 720p from my cable box on the component inputs), I hooked up a line from the composite output to the projector's Video input, and got into the menus... I went into the output settings, set the max resolution to 720p, and told it to use HDMI... and then boom, the composite output displays only "you must use HDMI" or some such thing, while the projector still just shows a black screen on the DVI input.

I could probably steal a monitor with HDMI input from my computer, just to try to get control back... but is there a way to do a hard reset to factory settings on this player, that I can do WITHOUT having a screen display? You know, combination of front-panel buttons to hold down, or something?

mentm

Prominent Member
You hold stop for 10 seconds, I've had to do this a few times.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom