• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BDP S550 Sony blu ray player multichannel

lifestartsnow

Standard Member
I have BDP S550 Sony blu ray player, and a Onkyo HT-540 receiver 7.1 . I have my blu ray hooked up as multichannel to get HD sound, but on 5.1, the back speaker don't get any sound only the sides, it works well in 7.1, but the back speakers are dead in 5.1. Is there a way to matrix the side surrounds into the back surround rears, anyway at all, if there is a way what to do or buy!!! THANKS

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
a new receiver might be the easiest way to do this and connect via HDMI. Few outside Lexicons will deal with matirxing of analogue properly, and therefore anexpensive sledge hammer to crack a nut. One of the many problems of using these analogue outs. Why do want to use these extra speakers anyway, 5.1 is more than capable?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom